User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

car with expired tag park in front of my house in a culdisac.

I bought a new house and about finished renovating it and moving in. A neighbor a couple houses down has a crap load of cars on his driveway and one of them he Parks on the culdisac in front of my house. He used to park it on the driveway till he found out the house was purchased.

I left a note on the car a few times to please move the car but no action on his part. I haven't moved in yet but while working on the home he is never home for me to talk to about the car being parked. Obviously he is ignoring my notes I am leaving on the car and its annoying to have it parked in front of the house not to mention its a beat down Mercedes. The tags are expired also.

Is their anything the law can do or is this a civil thing that I have to sort out with the owner?
    -1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #1948/2000::Jestr Tuned::
    -1996 Mitsubishi Galant "S" 5speed 4g64 Turbo::Jestr Tuned::
    -2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS

http://www.jestrtuning.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    code enforcement.
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

It's not that serious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does he own his house? Is this something you really want to get officials involved in before introducing yourself? Just saying, some civility may go a long way in saving your neighborly relations for the next (x amount) of years.
    I can photograph any subject you require, with class and great results.

PM me for information.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy
    So I'm reading this and thinking 'yep, I agree, I agree, mhmm, yep, I agree, that's right,etc.' And all of a sudden I'm thinking you all just need to fuck and get it over with.

Automotive Moderator MufflerBearings69's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    burn it.
    aka Tattooey the Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by TC527 View Post
    iBUILT is a way of life cuz.

For those days when "The Man" gets you down no matter how many zillion HP you threw down on the dyno...
    ScribTECH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MufflerBearings69 View Post
    burn it.
    X2, nothing says "respect me" like a burnt mercedes in a driveway.
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - A bad decision.
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - T-boned by the OCSO, "making a difference" - you made one all right...

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Transfer case wreckage and a resulting crash.

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Real life Millennium Falcon.
    Jackstand Racing League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can call a towing company, they can tow it like as if it was nothing, there excuse will be fore expired tags and its ilegal to have a car with expired tags from what i heard. they will tow it and charge him with the bill.
    properly functioning vehicle> JDM!!!

If theres one thing tuning your import car can teach you, its that knowing how somthings works is more valuable than simply knowing that it does, and infinitely more valuable than worrying that it wont! -QFT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowAWD View Post
    X2, nothing says "respect me" like a burnt mercedes in a driveway.
    Only downside is the neighbors car is in front of the OP's house...

So he would be basically burning it in his own driveway. lol

Otherwise, see if it can be towed if ya want, but expect a real ugly neighbor encounter later...
    aka Tattooey the Rat

For those days when "The Man" gets you down no matter how many zillion HP you threw down on the dyno...
    ScribTECH

It's not that serious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll script it out for you:

"Hey man, nice to meet you, I'm the new neighbor"
    "I know it must be lame now that your extra parking spots are gone, but I wanted you to know that I keep things very clean and organized, and having a broken down car in front of my house isn't going to work for me. Think you can work with me to ensure that doesn't happen?"

Maybe ask about what kind of projects he's working on, or why he has so damn many cars. Make conversation (I know, in the age of internetting, that's hard), if you treat someone with respect, you're more than likely to get the same in return.

If you call and have his car towed without even talking to him, you've made an enemy for life. Be a man, and try to solve the problem yourself.

PM me for information.

So I'm reading this and thinking 'yep, I agree, I agree, mhmm, yep, I agree, that's right,etc.' And all of a sudden I'm thinking you all just need to fuck and get it over with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MufflerBearings69 View Post
    Only downside is the neighbors car is in front of the OP's house...

So he would be basically burning it in his own driveway. lol

Otherwise, see if it can be towed if ya want, but expect a real ugly neighbor encounter later...
    towed to neighbor's driveway for operation "burn this mother ****er down" ?
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - A bad decision.
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - T-boned by the OCSO, "making a difference" - you made one all right...

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Transfer case wreckage and a resulting crash.

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Real life Millennium Falcon.
    Jackstand Racing League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not the house all the time since I work also and when I am at the house he isn't there...coincedence or maybe avoiding me I don't know. I havent moved in yet..just finishing the last of the renovating before i move in. I did talk to someone in the family to relay a message but I doubt it was passed on since the car is still sitting there.

Trust me I would like to be civil but the Guy is making it difficult and I left notes on the car and nothing.

I am looking to see what options I have. I am going to give him a chance to move the car when I finally move in and maybe sees that someone lives in the property but he should know since he interacts with his neighbors and I have met all the surrounding neighbors...well most of them.

Maybe its just me and I am putting him too high of a standard but its just plain respect and common sense not to park your car in front of another persons house especially for a extended period of time. A couple hours I can understand..but the car has been sitting there in the same exact spot for at least a 2 months.
    -1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #1948/2000::Jestr Tuned::
    -1996 Mitsubishi Galant "S" 5speed 4g64 Turbo::Jestr Tuned::
    -2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS

http://www.jestrtuning.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    block it in...or call popo and tell em he's operating a chop shop from his home...when i lived in deltona the code enforcement had it in their head i was running a business from my home and would hound me constantly for all the cars being there...but then id open the door to talk to em and they would see the 10 friends sitting inside the house eating up my food and watching tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Slobra View Post
    I'm sorry I don't speak field worker....Can I get translator?
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangnick88 View Post
    for some reason only 5% of honda owners are mentally capable of making there cars anything but slow,loud, and uglier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go buy one of those windshield pens, you know the kind that washes off, not the shoe polish trick. And write in big letters on the windshield, MOVE THIS CAR OR IT GETS TOWED. Should get his attention, without really doing any harm, you have tried talking to his family and there's no resolution. After that if the car stays, call code enforcement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it is illegal to leave a car parked on the street with expired tags. Call code enforcement about the car....they'll come out, put a note on the windshield for him to rectify the situation within X days and if he doesn't, they'll tow the car. If it's been there for 2 months...it's time for it to move...at least to in front of his house or in his back yard. If he puts a current tag on it...you can't do anything if it's legally parked on the street.
    Quadcam hatch club.

This Space For Rent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this same issue. Code Enforcement marked the car so the owner went and updated the tag but still kept parking it right in front of my house. I called code enforcement again and they said there is nothing they can do if it is tagged properly. I called the police department who put me in touch with and officer who told me that the street is public domain and it was fine for them to park it there as long as they are not blocking a driveway or pointing in the wrong direction. I was also told not to tow it because I would get in trouble.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah If I had a neighbor that was parking in front of my house I'd hook up my snatch strap and drag it out of the way.

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, once in a while may be OK but full time is kinda crappy.

Of course, the day the new neighbor across the street parked in my yard and I told him to GTFO he got mad. Well, he ran over our plants in the process, and we have 1 empty lot uphill from me, and 3 empty lots downhill from me- why the hell he parked all over my plants was baffling... Then I spoke with him for 2 minutes, elevator def jams at floor 1.5 kinda deal.
    aka Tattooey the Rat

ScribTECH

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well yeah. I meant on a regular basis

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

OF Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just park your car in front of his house and if he doesn't like it tell him to move his.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol we need a van to paint Day-Glo Orange for the OP to park in front of dudes house
    aka Tattooey the Rat

ScribTECH

It's not that serious.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -G-roceryBOOST View Post
    I am not the house all the time since I work also and when I am at the house he isn't there...coincedence or maybe avoiding me I don't know. I havent moved in yet..just finishing the last of the renovating before i move in. I did talk to someone in the family to relay a message but I doubt it was passed on since the car is still sitting there.

Trust me I would like to be civil but the Guy is making it difficult and I left notes on the car and nothing.

I am looking to see what options I have. I am going to give him a chance to move the car when I finally move in and maybe sees that someone lives in the property but he should know since he interacts with his neighbors and I have met all the surrounding neighbors...well most of them.

Maybe its just me and I am putting him too high of a standard but its just plain respect and common sense not to park your car in front of another persons house especially for a extended period of time. A couple hours I can understand..but the car has been sitting there in the same exact spot for at least a 2 months.
    There's the facts I needed! Yeah, 2 months is a bit ridiculous. 2-3 days is ok, after that, I'd want someone to have approached me. I think you have the right idea, let him see a 24 hour presence in the house, and hopefully it'll change his behavior.

PM me for information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information