User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good boating spots

Well, I'm new to boating and I've only been out to Sebastian once, dropping in at port canaveral so I figured I'd get this section going a little by asking some knowledgable people on good freshwater and salt water places to go. Packed with people or isolated places, it doesn't matter, the more options the better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    disappearing island on ICW in ponce inlet LOTS OF PPL and some good times to be had

there are also alot of isolated places on ICW from ponce inlet to Flagler beach lots of little off shoots and so on good fishing also
    Don't call 911
    grab the 1911 w/10 round wilson combat mag

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
    Doug is an all around worthless, ignorant, douche...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lake Monroe drop in off of I-4 and 17-92 is a nice place. you can do the 46a drop in for the indian river. the Banana River drop in off of 528 @ Kelly Park. there are a lot of different places. i have gone to all of these places a bunch of times and am always willing to take the ski out again if you want to take the boat out.

I think we should get a group together and all go in the upcoming weeks.
    04 F-250 P-Stroke 35's w/ a 4" lift, AFE intake
    off road, tow, work, DD

95 Honda Shadow 1100 - new gas sipper, faster and cooler then a hybrid with the same MPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once i get my outboard running i will definatley join you guys. If anyone has an extra tiller motor (ease of removal) I got an extra 14ft fishing boat that I dont use
    Went from low n slow to high and slower

OF Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rivers, lakes or oceans. Those usually seem to be the best places
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGuy View Post
    I saw this dude in a truck doing some sort of drift racing. It was a solo run, and I thought he was gonna hit some rail things, but he didn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra1nmakr View Post
    Lake Monroe drop in off of I-4 and 17-92 is a nice place. you can do the 46a drop in for the indian river. the Banana River drop in off of 528 @ Kelly Park. there are a lot of different places. i have gone to all of these places a bunch of times and am always willing to take the ski out again if you want to take the boat out.

I think we should get a group together and all go in the upcoming weeks.
    Yea, that would definitely be cool. I'm getting around a 20ft bowrider after I graduate UCF aug. 7th, a lil graduation present to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Slambarsoldier View Post
    rivers, lakes or oceans. Those usually seem to be the best places
    dumb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lowSi View Post
    disappearing island on ICW in ponce inlet LOTS OF PPL and some good times to be had

there are also alot of isolated places on ICW from ponce inlet to Flagler beach lots of little off shoots and so on good fishing also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about setting up a trip some time in August? i am free the week of the 15-22. i would like to get a good size group together and we can all bring our toys out for the day and have a good ole time on the water.

really, i can be free at any time needed for something like this, i have some company in town that week and would like to be able to take the ski out since she hasnt been out on the water on this coast yet.
    off road, tow, work, DD

95 Honda Shadow 1100 - new gas sipper, faster and cooler then a hybrid with the same MPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like that idea. Anyone that has been to lake monroe by i4 and 1792: is there a lot of "water police" presence there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do too. I have a question though, is there a boaters license or anything we need to operate one? I know we need a life vest for every person on the boat but I don't know much of anything else about laws etc for boats...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick View Post
    i like that idea. Anyone that has been to lake monroe by i4 and 1792: is there a lot of "water police" presence there?
    been there a bunch of times, havent seen any patrol yet. I really dont like going to lakes since there is a speed limit on all of them. i truly prefer to go to the intercoastal or ocean so i can go full speed. at about quarter throttle (maybe less) i break the speed limit of 30mph.

Quote Originally Posted by slicvic19 View Post
    I do too. I have a question though, is there a boaters license or anything we need to operate one? I know we need a life vest for every person on the boat but I don't know much of anything else about laws etc for boats...
    you do not need a boating license, just a drivers license. If you are not old enough to drive, then you need a boaters license in order to drive one. For the boat, you need to have the registration with stickers, life preservers for all passengers, working marine fire extinguisher, working lights, paddle(s), tow rope, horn/whistle. the working lights do not apply for skis unless you intend to ride at night. Same with a paddle for a ski as long as you have a tow rope.
    off road, tow, work, DD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats good info, b/c i never knew those rules hence why i want to boat/fish and not get in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are going to fish, you need to go and get a license for that. they arent expensive and they last the year. i think they are about $15 for the year. its a lot better than getting caught with the fishing pole in your hand and getting the ticket which i think is something like $45.

i really think we should all get together and drop in off of 46a. it is a really nice drop in point and there are a lot of little islands around that area to stop on and chill. Hell, there is Party Island right over there. that is always a good place to chill.

I havent been over to Disappearing Island in a very long time so i would say we can/should take a trip out there too.
    off road, tow, work, DD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard the name party island before, a lot of people go there and chill?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Party island is on the St Johns river. been there many times, we actuall made the rope swing that is there now. Its close to Astor, quite a ride from 46a
    Acura TL- Daily
    97 Eclipse GSX
    - a few bolt on's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMike View Post
    Party island is on the St Johns river. been there many times, we actuall made the rope swing that is there now. Its close to Astor, quite a ride from 46a
    your right, im thinking of the sandbar island at 46a. cant think of the name of it.

There are a lot of people that go out to Party Island.
    off road, tow, work, DD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMike View Post
    Where do you drop in at? I've been through the st. johns once on jet skis, we dropped in off of 50 just past christmas I believe. Man it was scary though, we went when the water was real low, kept having to jump off the jet ski to pull crap out from underneath it.. not fun with gators everywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usually drop in at SR44 in Deland. The island is about 1/2 before the Astor bridge going North up the river.
    Acura TL- Daily
    97 Eclipse GSX
    - a few bolt on's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im trying to remember where we dropped in last weekend when we took a trip up Monroe and around Blue Springs. that is a pretty chill ride.
    off road, tow, work, DD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, that sounds cool. I was out at Deleon springs yesterday, just went to check it out, I like rock springs/kelly park a little better but the pancake house was cool.

Now how about boating/drinking regulations?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information