User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6

    in car computer system

    has anyone here installed the drivesoft in car system? i am thinking about ordering it for my wife's car. i haven't really heard any bad things about it but i also haven't really heard any good things either. any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    OF Member john05srt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    MM.. there overpriced.. I have built 3 full systems myself.
    All for under $1300 with everything 500gb 1gb ram..
    what kind of car?
    see my site..
    itloser.homeip.net
    that has some shot of my 07 accord i did. i have pics of the xb too up there under videos..

  3. #3
    New Member Octave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    http://www.macvroom.com/

    You ask and you shall receive.
    Authorized Dealer

    Focal | Mosconi | Tru Technology | DynAudio | Digital Designs | Rainbow Audio

  4. #4
    OF Senior Member tecni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    I have an AVIC -F700BT and it takes forever I take it these little carputers do the same thing?

  5. #5
    OF Senior Member Perseverance_Beats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by john05srt4 View Post
    MM.. there overpriced.. I have built 3 full systems myself.
    All for under $1300 with everything 500gb 1gb ram..
    what kind of car?
    see my site..
    itloser.homeip.net
    that has some shot of my 07 accord i did. i have pics of the xb too up there under videos..
    that looks pretty good. does it have navigation? i'd love to check that out. i have a nice nav system and i'm an installer, but i'm also a computer guy and want to make a studio in my car. i use pc to produce music, so i don't think it would be too difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by godzhand View Post
    Im tired of hearing my 2010 ITR MAD JDM TIGHT CIVIC Hatchback got stolen and I had no alarm or nothing I thought GOD would protect my Honda

  6. #6
    OF Member snoopy10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    http://www.krunker.com/2007/04/26/hi...ne-of-car-pcs/

    check this out guys also crutchfield hs one on there page as well.
    ALL THROTTLE
    NO BOTTLE

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    East Orlando, 32829 ORL
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    www.mp3car.com

    Read alot on that website forum, its very easy to do if you know computers and you installed a headunit before in a car. The website also sells everything you will need, all the cases, MB,...etc.

  8. #8
    OF Member kickercivic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    I have carpc for sale..

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    ok so out of the car pc's you guys have posted which one would be best for me since i'm gonna be altering my oem radio face so it will look like i have the oem radio installed?

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    has anyone tried or has used the tetrabit hard drives in their cars?

  11. #11
    OF Member john05srt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance_Beats View Post
    that looks pretty good. does it have navigation? i'd love to check that out. i have a nice nav system and i'm an installer, but i'm also a computer guy and want to make a studio in my car. i use pc to produce music, so i don't think it would be too difficult.
    Yes NAV and internet..EVERYTHING..
    Yes you can run a 1.5tb drive in a car no problem. Just make sure its in a cool place and mount it on something that can absorb some shock and vibration..

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    ok cool. the reason why i ask is cause i do alot of stuff with music and videos and stuff like that and i have filled up my 500gb hard drives that i use on my home computer

  13. #13
    OF Member john05srt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Yep.. i moved up to a 750gb HD in my last carPC.
    I would use at least 1tb now. Its great having hundreds of movies and thousands of MP3s at your fingertips...

  14. #14
    OF Puker omegatotal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the movies
    Posts
    5,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69
    lol, so your gonna be sorting through thousands of songs on your thing while going down the highway? or just watching movies ? :-P
    wut

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by john05srt4 View Post
    Yep.. i moved up to a 750gb HD in my last carPC.
    I would use at least 1tb now. Its great having hundreds of movies and thousands of MP3s at your fingertips...

    that's how i am. i have a sh*t load of movies and music and can't fit them all on the hard drives i have now.

  16. #16
    OF Member john05srt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by omegatotal View Post
    lol, so your gonna be sorting through thousands of songs on your thing while going down the highway? or just watching movies ? :-P
    Well sort of..the music was voice controlled. I could just say an artist and play.
    ANd i could select movies for the kids rear monitor...to watch and i could use GPS in the front

  17. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by john05srt4 View Post
    Well sort of..the music was voice controlled. I could just say an artist and play.
    ANd i could select movies for the kids rear monitor...to watch and i could use GPS in the front

    that's exactly how i want to have mine done in my car since i have 2 kids

  18. #18
    OF Puker omegatotal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the movies
    Posts
    5,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69
    yeah in that case you want a pre-made system
    wut

  19. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by omegatotal View Post
    yeah in that case you want a pre-made system
    ok, i was thinking about buying a 1TB external hard drive from best buy or somewhere like that and install in it the car. would this be ok to do as long as i get a power inverter to support the power supply to the hard drive in the car?

  20. #20
    OF Puker omegatotal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the movies
    Posts
    5,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    ok, i was thinking about buying a 1TB external hard drive from best buy or somewhere like that and install in it the car. would this be ok to do as long as i get a power inverter to support the power supply to the hard drive in the car?
    i wouldn't use an external hdd, buy an AV/DVR/set-top rated hdd, they are designed for being on 24/7 and have higher temp ratings so they have a higher chance of lasting while in your car.

    you will have to buy them online and white/brown box.. you should probably just consult one of the pre-made companies so you get **** right and dont break something..
    wut


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Hollywood Home Theatre Computer Surround Sound Speaker System
    By Shane in forum Computers & Parts - For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 02:51 AM
  2. free market medical system v. socialist medical system
    By Donkey Elephant in forum The Crossfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 03:08 AM
  3. 6 speaker surround sound system for computer
    By jdmfreak in forum Computers & Parts - For Sale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
  4. What Computer System Are You Running?
    By AdamRA4 in forum The Lobby
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83