User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

relationship advice...

so i've been dating this chick for a while and i'm concerned about something... i like her a lot, but there a few things that concern me about taking our relationship further...

-top of the list of issues, she and her family are DEEPLY religious... like, church every Sunday, homos burn in hell, abortions are worse than treason... you get the point... i would say if at all religious, i would say i'm probably agnostic... this is a dilemma...

-she and her family are 100% dry. i'm no lush, but if i want to have a drink (and on occasion i do), it feels like the entire table is looking at me like i'm sacrificing a goat at the dinner table...

-her brother is a loathsome gentleman. he treats the entire family like dirt and they just roll over and take it. when i wanted to step in, my girl told me not to and that he's just like that... i find this completely unacceptable...

thoughts?
    current: 2009 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2009 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Tampa Bay Gasparilla 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine Bloomington 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon
    upcoming: 2014 Women's Running St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hory sheet
    'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
    '11 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I don't believe in sigs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyu View Post
    Hory sheet
    could i maybe get a slightly more helpful response?
    current: 2009 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2009 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Tampa Bay Gasparilla 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine Bloomington 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bro I've deal with the religion aspect of a relationship before. It'll never change if she's still deeply involved at this age.

And the brother piece is painful but there is nothing you can do. Every family has a fuckup in it.
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Zan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bitches be crazy
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious
    Al says: "Love, hate, look, we're a family, what's the difference?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Bro I've deal with the religion aspect of a relationship before. It'll never change if she's still deeply involved at this age.

And the brother piece is painful but there is nothing you can do. Every family has a fuckup in it.
    that's what worries me...

like the other day at her nephew's birthday party, her brother didn't like the music being played and went to their dad and said "turn that off right now!", her dad said, "no, i'm not the dj, you go tell him to turn it off." he got indignant and said "don't you dare argue with me, go tell him to turn it off!"

i'm sorry, i may not always like my dad, but i would never speak to him in such a manner... that's unacceptable to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    Bitches be crazy
    you are useless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man tough situation. Know this, if she is deeply religious along with her family, imagine the instant they find out your beliefs... The onslaught of guilt trips and talk about eternity being lost to you and such will be immense. You will be judged for the entire relationship once they find out and will probably tell her to break it off with you, especially if the guilt trips fail.

I hate to say this, but it may be a good idea to slowly slip away, especially before sex gets brought into the equation. Worst case scenario just tell her your thoughts and if she is as religious as her family its doomed to fail anyway.
    1993 Rx7 converting to the darkside!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And besides atheists/agnostics have no moral compass.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDER1 View Post
    Man tough situation. Know this, if she is deeply religious along with her family, imagine the instant they find out your beliefs... The onslaught of guilt trips and talk about eternity being lost to you and such will be immense. You will be judged for the entire relationship once they find out and will probably tell her to break it off with you, especially if the guilt trips fail.

I hate to say this, but it may be a good idea to slowly slip away, especially before sex gets brought into the equation. Worst case scenario just tell her your thoughts and if she is as religious as her family its doomed to fail anyway.
    Kinda the conclusion I have been coming to...

And besides atheists/agnostics have no moral compass.
    Lol.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was on my deathbed right now and I had one piece of advice to give you... taking into account everything I have ever learned, concluded, or observed in my lifetime up to right now.... it would be to run. Move onto the next one dude. You will only find true happiness when you and your mate have a congruent belief system.
    Mario A. Ceballos, Esq.
    Attorney at Law
    The Ceballos Law Firm, P.A. - "We're in your Corner..."
    CALL 407-704-8975
    www.ceballos-law.com

Hyu
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of other fish in the sea... Plus meet some wominz when you go run your marathons. Nothing like a hotgirl in running shorts that enjoys/shares one of the hardest hobby out there
    Detailing page

Quote Originally Posted by 89gotballz View Post
    Hyu is now Hyu again, Rusty larry or whatever was once hyu while so was all the other people. But after the most recent swap, hyu became hyu while dusty larry gave up hyu and became crusty larry

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bounce. But hit it first if you haven't and make sure the brother finds out.

Seriously though, there will be too much trouble ahead. If you explain that to her, and she tries to convince you otherwise, than man up and speak to her parents. They're not going to hurt you, and you can walk away at the first sign of an argument, but at least you'd know.

Also, never get between family. Not even after you're considered 'family'

douchebag per carlos zoom zoom6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta say, once her parents see your collect of music.... your going to get covered in holy water and nailed to a 4x4....

There is no way I could be uptight about being with someone, and nerve of what they might think.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but honestly it is all in what you two are willing to agree on and if the terms aren't to your liking.... Seems like the choice is easy.

Then again, if you are already questioning things, then it seems like you have already pretty much made up your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Well, thanks for the compliment but I am not a god or religious figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    run....

like doc said, if she is this old and still drinking kool-aid you either gotta take a drink or move on....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with kool-aid nga?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom zoom6 View Post
    I gotta say, once her parents see your collect of music.... your going to get covered in holy water and nailed to a 4x4....

very true... it's all Satan music, ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by Make7upyours728 View Post
    run....

like doc said, if she is this old and still drinking kool-aid you either gotta take a drink or move on....
    Kinda where my head is at...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could make all kinds of smart and logical points but why. Move on, it will never be worth all the trouble.
    So take the money and throw way up in the sky, and whatever God wants He keeps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd get out of that asap. From what you described, I don't see anything changing or getting better. She may be a really likable person but you gotta ask yourself if it's worth dealing with all that bullshit. And no matter how much she likes you in return, I guarantee you 100% that it's a "family before everything" approach with her.

I'd personally tell her straight up that it's not gonna work for me. Tell her exactly how you feel because sooner or later it's gonna boil over. And better for you to end it before she does, rather than her telling you she can't be with a guy who won't accept/conform to their lifestyle. No sense in continuing something that will inevitably fail. Chalk it up as a loss and move on. She's not the end-all of women.

I couldn't deal with a family that consisted of a bunch of die-hard religious fanatics. I'm not gonna put on a facade to please them and I sure as hell won't stop drinking alcohol just because they abstain from it. I can deal with one dickhead family member but I can only tolerate so much before I lose it.

And I know your taste in music. The moment you start playing it, they're gonna try to crucify you lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine some kid trying to date a girl in the Westboro Baptist Church...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imagine some kid trying to date a girl in the Westboro Baptist Church...
    Oh I'd hit it. I'd put the 'god' into her 'oh my God'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information