User Tag List

Thread: damn tranny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn tranny

well first off i'm on my second tranny, first one i broke 4th gear, don't ask me how, so when i replace the tranny i installed a clutch master stg 4 6 puck clutch, figured while i was in there get that out the way, cost me 600 dollars, so with the cost of new tranny and clutch and labor came out to about 2600 dollars, So about 2 months go by and my third gear started grinding, i'm like wtf? grant it was a use tranny, but only had 7000 miles on it, but the idiots only gave me a 30 day warranty, Fu*king bastards, now im so heated. so yesterday i go to the shop to get my axle replace that needed changing but just to busy to fix it, so i finally had time and got it fix yesterday along with my fuel leak, which was leaking from my return line off the fuel pressure regulator, so im like cool i can finally boost a lil again. so im going down university floored it in 2nd and shift to third and nothing didn't grind or anything. so i proceeded to do the same thing, and sure nuff the same thing happend again. so my third gear was finally gone, no biggie cause i knew this was gonna eventually happen. damn me, so i got home and im thinking well i really don;t need third so i;ll just drive around like that till i get the other tranny. well this morning i work up and i was driving and i'm cruising in 4th and i go to shift into 5 and it won't go, ok so i slowed down and try to shift into 2nd and it would go, so i put it in nuetral and let off the clutch and and its still in 4 gear (wtf is up with that) i put it in third and its still in the same gear(4th), this is to weird, so i was stuck driving around for a bit with only 4 gear. Trust me it wasn't fun, i know i burnt my clutch a lil bit, hope not to bad.

Well i talked to the guy earlier and he's gonna have the tranny out in a couple day's good and bad in a way. so i'll be out of a car for a couple days, ohhh well **** happends, thats not gonna stop me from racing tho, i always come back stronger, thanks for reading, damn neons lol

kmoy
    04 red srt4 NEON
    95 2.4 neon beast (RIP)
    http://myspace.com/kmoysrt4

OF Senior Member getsideways/s13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn that same **** haPPEned to my na fc i was on the highway in 5th and i passed the toll a little so i reverse to pay and wen i put it in 1st its still in reverse . im like wtf it was doing it in every gear. i had to literaly hold the clutch while a line of ppl helped me push it to the side.prior to this my tranny was throwing out 2nd and well i ended up needing a new tranny after this.
    1990 RHD BUILT S13/money PIT! SOLD!!!! 12.8@114 low boost 15psi. So much potential on 25psi
    2003 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 swap. My death trap.....sold
    2000 BMW M5 clone. slammed, tucked, staggered, VIP.(white on white)
    2001 Lexus IS300, for the woman.

PSN- Getsideways-S13
    http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmoy2.4Beast
    well first off i'm on my second tranny, first one i broke 4th gear, don't ask me how, so when i replace the tranny i installed a clutch master stg 4 6 puck clutch, figured while i was in there get that out the way, cost me 600 dollars, so with the cost of new tranny and clutch and labor came out to about 2600 dollars, So about 2 months go by and my third gear started grinding, i'm like wtf? grant it was a use tranny, but only had 7000 miles on it, but the idiots only gave me a 30 day warranty, Fu*king bastards, now im so heated. so yesterday i go to the shop to get my axle replace that needed changing but just to busy to fix it, so i finally had time and got it fix yesterday along with my fuel leak, which was leaking from my return line off the fuel pressure regulator, so im like cool i can finally boost a lil again. so im going down university floored it in 2nd and shift to third and nothing didn't grind or anything. so i proceeded to do the same thing, and sure nuff the same thing happend again. so my third gear was finally gone, no biggie cause i knew this was gonna eventually happen. damn me, so i got home and im thinking well i really don;t need third so i;ll just drive around like that till i get the other tranny. well this morning i work up and i was driving and i'm cruising in 4th and i go to shift into 5 and it won't go, ok so i slowed down and try to shift into 2nd and it would go, so i put it in nuetral and let off the clutch and and its still in 4 gear (wtf is up with that) i put it in third and its still in the same gear(4th), this is to weird, so i was stuck driving around for a bit with only 4 gear. Trust me it wasn't fun, i know i burnt my clutch a lil bit, hope not to bad.

Well i talked to the guy earlier and he's gonna have the tranny out in a couple day's good and bad in a way. so i'll be out of a car for a couple days, ohhh well **** happends, thats not gonna stop me from racing tho, i always come back stronger, thanks for reading, damn neons lol

kmoy
    Damn bro, that sucks!! From what you posted sounds to me like the clutch is causing the problems for it not to go into gear. Have you tried adjusting the clutch pedal to see if it helps? Since you arent grinding, then i dont think its the gear or syncros, sounds like a clutch problem imo.Looks like the clutch may not be disengaing fully and causing the problem,but i could be wrong. Go get it checked any how. Hope you didnt blow the tranny again What shop you taking it to?
    362whp/363wtq pump gas, stock turbo 11.7 1/4 mile,pump gas, stock turbo, stock clutch
    2006 Apex Silver Evolution IX SE(For Sale)
    2005 Electric Blue Evolution VIII
    2003 Rally Red Evolution VIII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the last shop i took it to was mr transmission in altomonte.

kmoy
    04 red srt4 NEON
    95 2.4 neon beast (RIP)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also check your shift linkage etc
    3rd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division

Ric
    OF Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    srt4 breaking trannys? u got 500hp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have 500 HP and my MR2 went through them faster than tanks of gas...and at 7MPG thats a lot of tranny's

I <3 my Mazda R32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have 500 HP and my MR2 went through them faster than tanks of gas...and at 7MPG thats a lot of tranny's
    I dont have 500hp either and Ive gone through 4 tranny's. My trans doesnt like low end torque, thats basically my car.

You must be a hardcore driver Kmoy, like me. Hahaha. Sorry to hear that.
    RIP Vivian. 10/15/2006 - 05/08/2010
    Welcome Jaiden. Sorta low Mini.
    Also Stef. Cleanest Vw Fox around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, if the clutch is unsprung it can be brutal to the tranny.
    TWINCAM4DOOR
    ._________________________
    |.....Overnight.....................| ||
    |........Japan Parts................||'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely brutal...and thats the truth

Ric
    OF Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he didnt get tranny fluid on the car he was racing, johnny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear that bro... hope it all gets fixed
    -ChiNo-
    07' BMW E90 335i- Montego Blue/Black
    93' Lexus SC300- *Orlando's first 1jz-gte SC300*
    http://www.fquick.com/1clean335i
    "1 driveway+ 2rwd Inline 6's+ 4 turbos= sex!"

I build plastic Airplanes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    makes you feel better, I may have to put in my 3rd clutch on my car. and it only has 52k miles on it :)

but my driving style is known to be rough on drivetrains...

BTW, doesn't take hp to break a transmission.
    Quote Originally Posted by civic-si View Post
    I Luv Pr
    Pr Is Best
    No One Is Better
    We Are Kings
    We Are Sexy
    We Have Nice Nice Honda's
    We Fight Better Than All Of You
    We Have The Best LookIN Girls
    We Have Girls With The Fatest Asses
    And The Cutest Faceses
    We'r Not Gay Like You
    Quote Originally Posted by civic-si View Post
    We Are The Best In The World Punk Bitch

OF Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds to me, the reason you are breaking tranny is cause of ur 6-puck disc. I know quite a few pple who went thru tranny's like crazy coz of the disc. When putting your tranny back together try replacing your disc with a street disc. I drive my car pretty damn hard or atleast used to when it was running. just my $0.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the first tranny broke with the stock clutch, so i figure while the tranny is out might aswell put an upgraded clutch in there, i do drive the car pretty hard, everyday, all day. the shifter linkage is fine, i do think its self adjusting, not sure. gotta check into it. and no i don't have 500hp, i'll be there one day tho, well by the end of the yeah (shhhhhhhh) got lots of plans for her. well i'm hoping to have it all installed by this weekend, wish me luck.

kmoy
    04 red srt4 NEON
    95 2.4 neon beast (RIP)

Thread Information