User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help!!!!!!!

Trying to wrap up putting a motor in my 1994 Ford Mustang GT. If anyone wants to come out and help I am in the bithlo area and would really appreciate it. Motor is in the car, just all the micellaneous bull**** after I need help with. Thanks! Call me 941-286-7844. All help will e greatly appreciated.

~Preston
    ~Preston

"A real race has a start line and a finish line, not a start speed and a finish speed."

1994 Ford Mustang GT 5.8 conv.
    This is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (currently rocking a 1970 BOSS 306 till the 5.8 is done )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What all is left? The wiring and fuel lines
    Never Enough
    2007 Dodge Nitro R/T 4x4 - People Mover
    2001 Ford Mustang GT vert - Money Pit
    1985 Chevy K5 Blazer 4x4 - Mud Toy
    1999 Chevy 2500 4X4 - Heavy Beast
    2008 Kawa ? - Low & Slow

Go BIG or Go HOME!!
    www.myspace.com/robbiesmach1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was there from 12 pm to 2 am. Motor is in, timing set TDC, verified spark, verified fuel flow, plugged in every wire we could find, and ........... won't start. Now, my troubleshooting skills are slim to none so it looks like I get to beg for someone to come out and figure this out for me. As of 11 am today (Saturday) I will not have a car until this is running as the yellow mustang will be sold then. Thanks for your help in advance. Robbie, your to damn far anyways, unless your really bored. Let me know please!

~Preston
    ~Preston

"A real race has a start line and a finish line, not a start speed and a finish speed."

Automotive Moderator MufflerBearings69's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Well I was there from 12 pm to 2 am. Motor is in, timing set TDC, verified spark, verified fuel flow, plugged in every wire we could find, and ........... won't start. Now, my troubleshooting skills are slim to none so it looks like I get to beg for someone to come out and figure this out for me. As of 11 am today (Saturday) I will not have a car until this is running as the yellow mustang will be sold then. Thanks for your help in advance. Robbie, your to damn far anyways, unless your really bored. Let me know please!

~Preston

Not to seem like an ass, but you timed it TDC on compression stroke right? I have seen a few people make said mistake, and it sure wont run that way!

simple way of telling- put your finger over #1 spark plug hole and if there is air pushing out when its coming up to TDC, then bring it to TDC and aim your dist.

if you have fuel and spark and it cranks but wont start that sure sounds like it could be it.....
    aka Tattooey the Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by TC527 View Post
    iBUILT is a way of life cuz.

For those days when "The Man" gets you down no matter how many zillion HP you threw down on the dyno...
    ScribTECH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont worry, your not an ass. But your the fifth person to mention that today. It was 180 out and we fixed that last night. Not the problem. Im thinking its something in thwe wiring or something we missed when we hooked everything up. Tnanks for the advice! Anybody want to come out and help?

~Preston
    ~Preston

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, well I didnt see it here so I thought I would offer. sounds like something isnt plugged in though.... if youre timed and got fuel and spark then its something unplugged pretty much. You are out by bithlo? im out in deltona...
    aka Tattooey the Rat

For those days when "The Man" gets you down no matter how many zillion HP you threw down on the dyno...
    ScribTECH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its all good man. I had a few people call me thats all. Yeah I guess IM gonna have to start tearing wires out or something. DAMMIT!!!!! Hey Irvjr, youve got my cell of the other board right? Just gimme a call if you can.

~Preston
    ~Preston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the motor you dropped in new or a junkyard motor or something..might want to check the compression you never know..it could have almost no compression
    I tea-bagged your drum set!

AKA RioRedCobra99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The motor was from a friends car, never modified. He pulled the motor to replace with a bigger displacement motor. Another friend spent some time on yahoo and came across the answer. Its my CCRM, which is like a supplementry computer toward the front of the car. Somebody else apparently had the same problem and turns out the ground wires go bad. Heres hoping! Im gonna work on it tomorrow so we will see!!! Thanks to all!

~Preston
    ~Preston

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do you say its the CCRM? What did you decide is the exact issue? Meaning, what circuits in the CCRM dont ya think are working?

What condition is you distributor in and the ignition module? A lot of people misdiagnose a CCRM for a pickup error in a distributor or a bad ingnition module, unfortunately I cant find any specs to test our 5-liter SN95 mdoules (and I own every 1995 ford manual that goes with a mustang, emissions manuals and all) so I tested mine by simply replacing with a known good part to eliminate that as a cause... ignition module = 50 bucks new, CCRM = lot of cash new....

Just a few thoughts from my personal experience with my 95 convertible.... As it turned out when mine died, the distributor had worn out and the trigger wheel ate the magnetic pickup... what happens then is no spark and no fuel when cranking, but because of how the CCRM works, the fuel pump would still prime the system. The ccrm runs the fuel pump for 2-3 seconds when the ignition key is turned to on, then kicks it off until it gets a signal from the distributor that the engine is cranking, then turns the pump on again....

Hope this may help you man!
    aka Tattooey the Rat

ScribTECH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything in the ignition system has less than 500 miles on it and the fuel pump is 3 months old. I misstated above however, I wasnt saying I was replacing the CCRM. I was saying I am gonna splice in a new ground for it. We did some creative internet searching and found someone with the exact same symptoms I have and he redid the ground and no problems ever since. Ill let yall know tomorrow if it works!

~Preston
    ~Preston

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome if you found it that easy! I had heard about CCRM problems too, but i explained what happened with my car....

I just try to help other people out with what I learn from my stuff
    aka Tattooey the Rat

ScribTECH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck i've got a trouble shooting nightmare on my hands with my 89 f-150 that i put a newer roller motor out of a mustang in...i feel your pain
    I tea-bagged your drum set!

AKA RioRedCobra99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MufflerBearings69 View Post
    Awesome if you found it that easy! I had heard about CCRM problems too, but i explained what happened with my car....

I just try to help other people out with what I learn from my stuff
    Better to have suggestions from someone whos been through it before. I hope Im that lucky too. The main reason Ive always said it was wiring is because the only thing that is not new is the intake. But definitely, thanks for all the suggestions and if this wiring thing doesnt work then I might need some more. And Rio, sucks for the both of us huh?

~Preston
    ~Preston

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any luck yet ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So.... I had no fuel pressure, replaced the CCRM (mini-comp thingee) and BANG, fuel pressure!!!!! Now,,,,,,, no spark Did some tests and stuff, replace the TFI module, the PIP (that actually is what its called!!) and checked some other crap. Still no spark. By process of elimination we have it narrowed down to YEAH the PCM. The excitement is drooling out of me Im sure. Now, seriously, does anyone have a 94-95 5.0 comp? I would like to get one from someone to at least make sure thats the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated and of course I will give the computer back if you want. Thanks!!!!!
    ~Preston
    ~Preston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll ask around
    Never Enough
    2007 Dodge Nitro R/T 4x4 - People Mover
    2001 Ford Mustang GT vert - Money Pit
    1985 Chevy K5 Blazer 4x4 - Mud Toy
    1999 Chevy 2500 4X4 - Heavy Beast
    2008 Kawa ? - Low & Slow

Go BIG or Go HOME!!
    www.myspace.com/robbiesmach1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So.... I had no fuel pressure, replaced the CCRM (mini-comp thingee) and BANG, fuel pressure!!!!! Now,,,,,,, no spark Did some tests and stuff, replace the TFI module, the PIP (that actually is what its called!!) and checked some other crap. Still no spark. By process of elimination we have it narrowed down to YEAH the PCM. The excitement is drooling out of me Im sure. Now, seriously, does anyone have a 94-95 5.0 comp? I would like to get one from someone to at least make sure thats the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated and of course I will give the computer back if you want. Thanks!!!!!
    ~Preston

That sounds like an amazing amount of damaged parts, I think you may be changing more than what is the actual problem to try to find it man!

Again, not to be an ass or anything, but it isnt likely all of that went bad at once... I dunno.... Just trying to help!

When you say Bang fuel pressure, are we talking when it primes or when it is cranking? those are caused by 2 different circuits triggering the CCRM....

If we are talking during the prime (2-3 seconds when you turn the key on) there is a very good chance its still an ignition system error.... The CCRM will kick the pump to prime based on the key turning to ON, then waits for the square wave signal from the distributor that triggers the CCRM to turn on the fuel pump and also causes spark to happen....

Very curious of the distributor, is it from your original engine or the new one? mileage? and is there and noticable wobble in the shaft? as in, if you yank the cap off can you wiggle the shaft by grabbing the rotor? When the dist goes bad and eats the pickup, it usually leaves black dust inside the distributor (ground up magnet)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep in mind the CCRM isnt actually a brain but a module that acts as several relays in one box- Constant Control Relay Module = CCRM

Its really an overpriced pain in the balls that replaced a handful of simple relays. Sucks for us SN95 5-liter guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I meant "bang" as an expression of shock that it actually worked and nothing else. The CCRM was definitely part of the problem, the fuel pump works flawlessly now. Theres different tests for that as Im sure you know. We only replaced the PIP and TFI modules to eliminate the possibilities that they are the problem. The distributor is exactly 2 months old and turns flawlessly. We tested its turn also with the cap off and the motor turning over. No problem there. As far as mileage on the distributor maybe 500 miles? We went into the diagnostic ports with a multi-meter and pulled codes the old-fashioned way. We got a code 542 which in the Haynes manual translates to a PCM to motor error. The other stuff (other than the CCRM) obviously didnt need to be replaced and is going back to the auto parts store trust me!! Yeah we put 12 hours into this yesterday. Dammit!

~Preston
    ~Preston

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information