Announcement

Collapse

This is Tech, NOT the Marketplace!!

You should NOT be posting anything for sale in here, nor be looking to buy any parts in here.

This section is for discussion of the makes and models and to help each other out with technical issues.

If you want to buy or sell some parts, please find the Marketplace. If you are looking to buy or sell Honda parts, please find the Honda Sphere marketplace and post there.

Posting in the Marketplace requires a subscription- info on subscribing is found here:

http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

Any F/S, WTB, or Vendor posts in the Tech section will be deleted, and multiple offenses after warning lead to a vacation from OF.

Also, if you need anything deleted or edited in the marketplace, please feel free to PM me with a link and what needs done!
See more
See less

Project daily driver: 2010 BMW 328i

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project daily driver: 2010 BMW 328i

Well, might as well start a thread. Purchased a 328 for daily driving purposes without the hassle of a 335 and their turbos and fuel pumps going every other month. Car came bone stock bought it from the original owner with bmw extended warranty in showroom condition.

Decided it needed some daily driving rims. Nothing to expensive as they'll get rashed parking downtown everyday. New for 2014 VMR V810 flow formed. 19x8.5 front ET35, 19x9.5 rear ET35 with Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110 tires. Squid took some time out of his day to install H&R Sport lowering springs:

Comment

I'll setup a new photoshoot soon as the car has changed. Now has:

BMW M-Sport carbon fiber rear spoiler
      Hamann carbon fiber front splitter
      Apex Racing 75mm wheel stud conversion kit
      Motorsports Hardware Cold forged steel extended track day lug nuts. Neochrome.
      Horizon LED's CREE H7 LED headlight bulbs. 5000k, 2685 lumens
      Horizon LED's CREE H11 50w LED foglight bulbs. 5000k
      LUX CREE LED 40w angel eye upgrade bulbs. 5000k
      Painted brake calipers black, installed the OEM BMW centercaps

Only one thing left to order:
      BMW Performance front brake upgrade kit (m135 brakes, 6 pot)

Comment

Need a pic with the front splitter installed and a night shot with the outside lights on

Indestructible 2005 GSX-R 600

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCo View Post
          Need a pic with the front splitter installed and a night shot with the outside lights on
          Soon!!

Here's the LED headlight bulbs. HID is a thing of the past! I was off on the lumen count oops
          SINGLE BEAM CREE LED KIT : H7 CREE Headlight LED Kit - 2589 Lumens

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
            Soon!!

Here's the LED headlight bulbs. HID is a thing of the past! I was off on the lumen count oops
            SINGLE BEAM CREE LED KIT : H7 CREE Headlight LED Kit - 2589 Lumens

Wonder how bright and color. Hmmmm
            www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Comment

Definitely want to see pics with all the new stuff installed. Looks great.
              'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
              -'13 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design Polestar
              '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Originally posted by The Editor
              I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

I got a new lens....it'll look even sharper with it.
                Quadcam hatch club.

This Space For Rent.

Comment

Its a nice car, but saying things like hids are a thing of the past makes u seem like such an arrogant prick. U just stepped into the modern car world and saying stupid shit like that.
                  use contraceptives

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it in person. If I see you, I'll flag you down and chat for a bit. :-)
                    11.4@127.....stock.

Comment

Originally posted by srtfreak04 View Post
                      Its a nice car, but saying things like hids are a thing of the past makes u seem like such an arrogant prick. U just stepped into the modern car world and saying stupid shit like that.
                      Not being arrogant.. sorry you took it that way. LED technology is the successor to HID technology in car lighting. Maybe I stepped on some toes? I know a lot of people sell/install HID kits for a bit of cash on the side. LED aftermarket bulbs are just now in 2014 getting equal to the light output of HID kits thanks to CREE with the benefit of plug and play like a standard headlight. By the end of the year the days of everyone selling and installing HID kits will be a thing of the past. If I were in the position selling such products I would find a good supplier, because jumping on the sale of LED headlights now would put someone in a good position to make good money. There's been some things on eBay for about a year now but their output barely equals the 1500 lumens of standard halogen bulbs. Now they're equal to HID.

Comment

How many miles were on yours? I'm considering a 328i myself if I can find one in the right price range and right mileage as I plan to keep this next car at least 10 years. I'm also thinking G37 and Genesis 3.8
                        Originally posted by Einstein
                        Last time I checked, henny's gone a lot faster then you and doesn't really have a need to swing on someone else's nuts
                        Copper SV1000s
                        Sold-07 Raven
                        An 11 sec bike is much more fun than a 10 second car

Originally posted by TC527
                        Hit that nigga with the pro tree beeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Henny View Post
                          How many miles were on yours? I'm considering a 328i myself if I can find one in the right price range and right mileage as I plan to keep this next car at least 10 years. I'm also thinking G37 and Genesis 3.8
                          I purchased it with 71k. Warranty til 100k. My plan is to sell it when the warranty runs out for an M3. You'll want at least an LCI car (mid model update), and in the E90 chassis (4 door) it started in 2009 til 2011. Finding a nice 2009+ CPO with low miles (30-40k) at a dealer will run you around 24k out the door. Worth every penny. I suggest finding a M Sport model with Navigation, they have very nice stereos and nicer designed bumpers.

You really can't compare a 328i to a G37 or Genesis. Their quality, handing, fit, finish, comfort, build quality, and resale just don't compare. BMW's are drivers cars. You'll never meet a single person that will ever say they didn't enjoy driving the shit out of one. You don't hear that from Nissan or Hyuandai owners.

Comment

I'm coming from a cobalt lt. At this point anything with leather and cruise control (seriously what car doesnt have cruise control in 2008) and anything after that is gravy. My personal limit is 20k--could go a lot higher but I'd rather redo things in my home and just have more fun money...but I usually keep my cars 7-10 years. It seems while the G/Genesis isnt quite the driving car that the 3series is, it seems like you can get a much better deal for them looking in the long term. There was a '12 Genesis 5.0 with 23k miles asking 21k with the 10/100k warrenty on it. Hard to pass up...but then again the bmw is a much nicer machine. Oh well..very nice car you have
                            Originally posted by Einstein
                            Last time I checked, henny's gone a lot faster then you and doesn't really have a need to swing on someone else's nuts
                            Copper SV1000s
                            Sold-07 Raven
                            An 11 sec bike is much more fun than a 10 second car

Originally posted by TC527
                            Hit that nigga with the pro tree beeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
                              Not being arrogant.. sorry you took it that way. LED technology is the successor to HID technology in car lighting. Maybe I stepped on some toes? I know a lot of people sell/install HID kits for a bit of cash on the side. LED aftermarket bulbs are just now in 2014 getting equal to the light output of HID kits thanks to CREE with the benefit of plug and play like a standard headlight. By the end of the year the days of everyone selling and installing HID kits will be a thing of the past. If I were in the position selling such products I would find a good supplier, because jumping on the sale of LED headlights now would put someone in a good position to make good money. There's been some things on eBay for about a year now but their output barely equals the 1500 lumens of standard halogen bulbs. Now they're equal to HID.
                              Not stepping on toes...i just think you can get your point across without having to put something down to strengthen your argument.
                              use contraceptives

Comment

Working...
                              X