Announcement

Collapse

This is Tech, NOT the Marketplace!!

You should NOT be posting anything for sale in here, nor be looking to buy any parts in here.

This section is for discussion of the makes and models and to help each other out with technical issues.

If you want to buy or sell some parts, please find the Marketplace. If you are looking to buy or sell Honda parts, please find the Honda Sphere marketplace and post there.

Posting in the Marketplace requires a subscription- info on subscribing is found here:

http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

Any F/S, WTB, or Vendor posts in the Tech section will be deleted, and multiple offenses after warning lead to a vacation from OF.

Also, if you need anything deleted or edited in the marketplace, please feel free to PM me with a link and what needs done!
See more
See less

Project/Daily Driver 92 Sentra SE-R

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project/Daily Driver 92 Sentra SE-R

So last month I was looking for a new daily driver under $1800. I came across a few good finds but was quick enough to pick them up before someone else did. I decided to hunt for something with a fwd SR20DE and started looking for a Sentra SE-R, 200sx SE-R and G20's. I actually came across a 94 Infiniti G20 5spd which is pretty rare in the G20 world because 90% of them are automatic. I was set on the G20 but the owner was replacing both front control arms before selling it and while waiting for the shop to get the work done I found this ginger in Tampa. A 18yr old kid owned it and threw a rod thru the block and called a tow company to pick up the are who he ended up selling it to which is who I bought it from. It's a 92 Nissan Sentra SE-R with 140K miles, power steering, A/C works, really clean interior and the body is decent with some surface rust here and there. Overall for $600 it was a nice pick up especially since resale is pretty high for these cars since SE-R's are getting more rare to find. Plans for now are getting a new motor in and take care of the surface rust and body work. Hopefully before the years over sit it on coilovers and some XXR 531's 16x8 and probably plasti dip the car satin pearl white. Long run plans are either SR20VE-T or a GTi-R SR20DET.

White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

I'm to drunk to taste this chicken

Nice find, Would have gone for the G20 over this, but definitely a nice car all the same.
    Originally posted by Ric
    Well, thanks for the compliment but I am not a god or religious figure.

Comment

Buy the g20 ill give u 800 for this car no joke

I owner 2 p10 5spd g20s, great cars. Both had high compression de. I also owned a b14 with a ve. I wanna get back Into the Nissan game. Lmk if u like my offer
      92 Talon TSi AWD e-85, dsmlink...2013 best 13.9@101
      2011 Subaru STI sedan auto-x MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom6 View Post
        Nice find, Would have gone for the G20 over this, but definitely a nice car all the same.
        I think I have Jewish blood because I always look at resale value. I had the G20 talked down to $1000 and it was running but resale on clean B13 SE-R's are $2800-$3500. With what I want to do with this car before swapping motors will keep me well below $2k in parts labor and including the price of the car so there's plenty of room for porfit. I think I watch Gas Monkey Garage to much lol
        Originally posted by Turtleb00st View Post
        Buy the g20 ill give u 800 for this car no joke
        I'll PM you.. we can probably work something out if we can meet at a middle.
        White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

Comment

Is the drivers side fender all banged up?
          92 Talon TSi AWD e-85, dsmlink...2013 best 13.9@101
          2011 Subaru STI sedan auto-x MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleb00st View Post
            Is the drivers side fender all banged up?
            I PM'ed you my #. Just text me and I'll give you more details.
            White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

Comment

Nice! I love these!
              'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
              -'13 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design Polestar
              '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Originally posted by The Editor
              I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

So its still under the project label. I should finally have it running in the next few weeks.
                White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

Comment

I want to know how much it cost to platic dip the car in that satin pearl white. Who in town does it?

when you get it running post up man!
                  11.4@127.....stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
                    I want to know how much it cost to platic dip the car in that satin pearl white. Who in town does it?

when you get it running post up man!
                    The kit from DipYourCar.com is like $500. That's for all the plasti dip, pearl tint, masking tape and spray gun. And I definitely will update the thread. I'm not working right now so this car is a slow project. Good thing tho is I've met some locals that are fwd SR20 guru's that have helped me a lot.
                    White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

Comment

So I finally have some updates. The good thing is I finally got the car running and been driving for about a month. I've put almost 1300 miles on it and for the most part it drives great. Bad part is at the end of the day it was a car I bought for $600. The AC has no freon but the system is all there and I'd finally getting vacuumed and charged this weekend. Brakes are ok but it could use new pads. The front driver side bearing is going out and I plan on replacing both front bearings in a few weeks. Also the transmission is suffering from the typical 5th gear pop out B13 transmissions are infamous for but it's only a $250 fix.

Now here's the good shit.. Tuesday I leave to get me pay check, cash it, get lunch and go to Valencia to drop off some papers. I start the car and it cranked over kind of sluggish but I just brushed it off. I get my check go to cash it and it wouldn't turn on. I get a jump drive down the start and it dies while driving. I call AAA get towed home and get the alternator tested and it's dead. I have the original alternator from the blown motor that came with the car and it worked perfect. I'm back on the road driving to work on Orange Ave and I just hear a bang and feel the car just slump down from the rear and I think I caught a flat because one of the rear tires has a huge nipple on it. I pull into a parking lot get out and the whole wheel is gone. I start walking down Orange Ave to find my wheel and I see a car with its hazards on. I walk to the car and my wheel that flew off my car hit their car and it looked like a scene in a movie. The wheel fucked up the whole front end windshield and roof of this ladies Volvo. Best part of this was when AAA came again.. The wheel went right back on none of the studs were even broken and I drove home. I'm guessing the vibration the nipple on the tire caused the lug nuts to slowly loosen.
                      White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

Comment

Holy shit man. Glad you're ok but that sucks for the Volvo.
                        'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
                        -'13 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design Polestar
                        '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Originally posted by The Editor
                        I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

Glad everything worked out for ya and you are alright. Is that Orange and Delaney in that first photo? I work right around the corner from there.

PS you fail.... no volvo pictures :(
                          Originally posted by Ric
                          Well, thanks for the compliment but I am not a god or religious figure.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom6 View Post
                            Glad everything worked out for ya and you are alright. Is that Orange and Delaney in that first photo? I work right around the corner from there.

PS you fail.... no volvo pictures :(
                            Yea that's the intersection I was at. I didn't get any pictures of the Volvo because we started yelling and cursing at each other. I walked away and went back to looking for my wheel lol.
                            White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

Comment

wait why was the lady cursing? obviously it was an accident.
                              '88 Mazda RX-7 Vert.

Originally posted by coyote
                              my car is sow low right now you got to see it it looks sow hot

Comment

Working...
                              X