Announcement

Collapse

This is Tech, NOT the Marketplace!!

You should NOT be posting anything for sale in here, nor be looking to buy any parts in here.

This section is for discussion of the makes and models and to help each other out with technical issues.

If you want to buy or sell some parts, please find the Marketplace. If you are looking to buy or sell Honda parts, please find the Honda Sphere marketplace and post there.

Posting in the Marketplace requires a subscription- info on subscribing is found here:

http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

Any F/S, WTB, or Vendor posts in the Tech section will be deleted, and multiple offenses after warning lead to a vacation from OF.

Also, if you need anything deleted or edited in the marketplace, please feel free to PM me with a link and what needs done!
See more
See less

New car, yes finally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope at 630 I was home with my Jeep in the garage.
    IT services; virus removal, laptop repairs etc.
    Car Audio Installation and Enclosure Building

Comment

Ahh ok, gotcha.
      'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
      -'13 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design Polestar
      '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Originally posted by The Editor
      I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

So I got a new set of tweeters, the Orions where ok but not what I wanted so I bought a pair of Vifa's brand new line from parts express and made some ABS plates to install them in the factory dash locations.

The mounting plates are not seen so I didn't take too much time making them to be honest.

And here they are installed.

Then I got the wild idea to pull my headliner down and deaden the roof, OMG this thing has a HUGE roof compared to my last car, it took me around 4 hours with a nice 45mins break in the middle for my old ass.

And now after adding all the deadener.

It's not all I wanted to do but I ran out of deadener and energy, but I put the headliner back in and beat the CRAP outta it and the roof is a MILLION times better. Before it sounded like a gorilla was dancing on the roof of the jeep when playing at high volumes, now its just a very very mild vibration in the roof panel and no pinging or empty metal sounds.

Here is a link to the tweeters I bought, and I think if I ever need another set for a different car or build I will be ordering more these are spectacular sounding and can handle a huge amount of power!

Vifa BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeter with Waveguide 4 Ohm

Comment

How does the car sound with the roof deadened?
          Detailing page

Originally posted by 89gotballz
          Hyu is now Hyu again, Rusty larry or whatever was once hyu while so was all the other people. But after the most recent swap, hyu became hyu while dusty larry gave up hyu and became crusty larry

Comment

A lot better, now it doesn't sound like a gorilla is dancing on the roof while beating it with a pipe! As for ride quiet the jeep has always been quiet while driving so that has only gotten better.

Comment

Looks great Chris. I could have guessed you wouldnt leave it alone for long. besides your Honda slammed.. Was very unexpected for just some 12s lol..

Comment

Looks like it is moving along. I like reading your build threads so keep them updated.

Ever put some deadener on the doors or trunk yet?

The last Viper I had I put a good amount of deadener EVERYWHERE doors, roof, floors, trunk, firewall and even doubled it up on the floor.....it was amazing, almost lexus like. The bass hit so damn hard with the two little Skar 8" subs it would damn near knock the wind out of me.
                Last edited by Disturbed; 10-22-2014, 08:46 AM.
                11.4@127.....stock.

Comment

I only had enough deadener for the roof and that's all I really was concerned about the rest of the jeep isn't rattling.

Comment

Working...
                  X