No announcement yet.

Roller Hockey: Barber Park - Gatlin Ave. Orlando

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might as well buy a new one, they're not that expensive. I don't know what your budget is but I'm pretty particular about helmet comfort so I always pay the extra penny to choose one I like. Barber plays with pucks full equipment on Saturday mornings at 9:30, Lake Mary plays with pucks on thursday and sunday nights at 7 pm with whatever you want for equipment, i just wear gloves and shins.

Comment

Sweet

Thanks for the schedule info. Finally got paid, might order my stick on top of helmet. Now to find a really long stick..

Comment

Alright guys, if you're doing pick up games still I'm gonna be ready in about a week. Ordered my new stick and helmet today. Was wondering if the barber rink is open every day to the public. If anyone wants someone to practice with, I'm down (because I could use the practice hehe). I'm signing up defense because I need to get used to playing again, but I played my fair share of all forward positions. Hope to see you guys out there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbad View Post
          Alright guys, if you're doing pick up games still I'm gonna be ready in about a week. Ordered my new stick and helmet today. Was wondering if the barber rink is open every day to the public. If anyone wants someone to practice with, I'm down (because I could use the practice hehe). I'm signing up defense because I need to get used to playing again, but I played my fair share of all forward positions. Hope to see you guys out there soon.
          Yeah it's open till 8pm nightly. IM me your number and I'll text you when I go out. I'm out there a bunch and like to skate with people. Lemme know buddy.

Comment

hey im moving from Michigan down to Orlando in a couple weeks and im looking to play some hockey. do these pick-up games still happen? please let me know!

Comment

I just stepped off the rink at barber park. Amazing! Quality surface, shade, optional lighting, nets for rogue pucks...can't wait to come back. I'm thinking this coming saturday.

Comment

Quick question. I put an easton pro zetterberg wood blade on my easton st shaft (brand new). I also put an extender in the top about four inches. I'm 6'4" and the entire thing comes up to my lip area. I snapped the blade where the hosel meets the shaft after minutes of use. The stick its 100 flex and I'm not used to it. Did I just make the stick too long or do I need to break the blade in a bit more? I've never snapped a blade like this (or as quickly) and i'm wondering whether I should take the extender out and compensate with bending into shots more.

Comment

Good god I don't know what to do. I bought a Sherwood Coffey wood blade, very curvy..thick and powerful. The thing splits down the middle of the toe on the bottom side after like an hour of light shots and passing. I've got eyes on the KOHO Crossover because I have a wooden Koho with Jagr curve and the thing is indestructible. I've also got my old Junior TPS Red Lite with a Koho Jagr blade, also indestructible. It's so sad that the wooden blades designed for outdoor rinks don't do the job.

Comment

is anybody going out there tonight?

Comment

I have Rookie and C leagues starting up the 2nd and 3rd weeks of June. If anyone is interested in getting on the ice let me know. The rookie league comes with one pratice and one game per week. The C league is one game per week.

Comment

Info?

Any of you guys still playing roller hockey at barber park??

Comment

I want to get into a game as well Marc. Who's still playing at Barber? or any ice leagues need an extra skater?

Comment

Hey whats up guys? Looking to get some pick up games at barber park going or join in with those of you who are already playing. Looks like enough people have posted in here in the past to get something going. So anyone who has been playing post in here days you can play and times and we can try and get something going as soon as next week. Some of the original posters from over a year ago hope you can get in here and let us know if some of the old stuff you posted is still going on.
                            Kyle B.

Comment

Working...
                            X