This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlandoforums.com Official Softball Team

Hey everyone just want to let you all know that OrlandoForums.com has decided to sponsor a softball team over at Seminole softball complex. The team plays on Thursday nights and we are unsure of the schedule as of right now. I was told that the schedule should be done today and i will get the game time for the first game today. This Thursday is the first game for the team. I have been on this site a couple of times and noticed that a lot of you guys are photographers it would be great if some of you could come out to the game and get some action shots of the team playing ball. I was also told that i will have the full schedule shortly and i will post a link to that along with the standings on this post. I believe we will be playing on field 4 but i will have to confirm that later today or tomorrow when i get the schedule.

2011 SPRING SEASON
    Seminole County Softball Complex
    Men's D Softball League

Thursday, April 28th
    DTF vs Flanagans
    8:30pm

Thursday, May 5th
    DTF vs Solantic Hit Squad
    6:30pm

Thursday May 12th
    DTF vs Lazy Boys
    7:30pm

Thursday, May 26th
    DTF vs ABC Sealcoating

Thursday, June 2nd

DTF vs Flanagans
    7:30pm

Thursday, June 9th
    DTF vs Solantic Hit Squad
    8:30pm

Thursday, June 16th
    DTF vs Lazy Boyz
    Last edited by Erik; 04-25-2011, 09:53 AM.

hey softball mike thanks for the update! i didn't know this was going on....but can you tell us what league you are joined to? i have a flag football league i play in but still need to make softball a part of my routine

thanks!
    now you know i was on an intergalactical sabbatical last year.

Comment

no problem we play at seminole softball complex in altamonte springs, it is off of Douglas Ave here is a link to the website with the schedule also included will be the standings link and a link to the site i run which keeps roster names and up to date stats with the season.

Schedule "The only change is going to be on April 28th, 2011 we are going to be playing at 630 instead of 830"
      Here is the link: http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/park...URS%20FLD2.pdf

Standings are Here: http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/park...202011%20-.pdf

Team Website is here: www.leaguelineup.com/dtf

Comment

So OF'ers are any of you going to come out to the game tomorrow night if you are going to please let me know this way i can come say hi. You can text me at 321-276-0892 or pm me on here either way would like to get 1 person from OF to come out and watch us play

Comment

bump for the schedule update ^^^

Comment

Is this just to spectate or for OFers to participate in? I have experience playing ball my entire life and instruct as well.
            Formerly, Dram927.

01' VW Jetta 1.8t-I Went Euro...
            84' El Camino (Coming Soon To a City Near You)

" Yeah i'm whipped.. But when she ain't looking i'm in control"

Originally posted by Squid
            which part of fl you live in? I've never heard of skittleville.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajeep927 View Post
              Is this just to spectate or for OFers to participate in? I have experience playing ball my entire life and instruct as well.

For you i would tell you to come out and if we need someone than i can have you added to the roster and you can play i might need someone for this thursday i will let you know.

Comment

are you looking for any players, how can I sign up to play? Its probably too late this season but how about next?
                I'm A muthaF@$#in' MiniMonsta!

Comment

So....OF sponsors a softball team but doesnt find out if any of the regular members are interested in playing? D Leagues arent very competitive, its not like you need a bunch of all stars out there.

Comment

i use to play ball and got payed to play during high school but blew my knee out. Would be interested in softball.
                    "DSM, turning owners into mechanics since 1989"

Comment

D league not competitive

Originally posted by bigness View Post
                      So....OF sponsors a softball team but doesnt find out if any of the regular members are interested in playing? D Leagues arent very competitive, its not like you need a bunch of all stars out there.

First off have you ever played over in seminole county softball complex there is only 1 division but i can assure you the talent on the top field is night and day from the talent on the worst field. And you do need talent the team we have was an established winning team already, we had won back to back championships and now we are in the top division and we have lost our first 2 games 18-15 and 9-7 so dont tell me about dont need talent. By the way i am the manager of the team, if you would like information on becoming part of the team you can pm me.

Comment

there are 5 fields there so trust me there is a difference

Comment

Originally posted by softballmike99 View Post
                          First off have you ever played over in seminole county softball complex there is only 1 division but i can assure you the talent on the top field is night and day from the talent on the worst field. And you do need talent the team we have was an established winning team already, we had won back to back championships and now we are in the top division and we have lost our first 2 games 18-15 and 9-7 so dont tell me about dont need talent. By the way i am the manager of the team, if you would like information on becoming part of the team you can pm me.
                          My point was not downing you or your team. it was trying to figure out what exactly the point of sponsoring a softball team is when you don't mention it to any of the members of the forum. I was actually hoping for a response from Erik. This isn't some blog that lots of random people read. the majority of this forums readers are from the local area. this site is about community involvement and this doesn't really breed involvement. Are any of the members of this team members of the site, besides the OP?

Comment

Originally posted by bigness View Post
                            My point was not downing you or your team. it was trying to figure out what exactly the point of sponsoring a softball team is when you don't mention it to any of the members of the forum. I was actually hoping for a response from Erik. This isn't some blog that lots of random people read. the majority of this forums readers are from the local area. this site is about community involvement and this doesn't really breed involvement. Are any of the members of this team members of the site, besides the OP?

Good points ... We were able to sponsor DTF only days before the start of the season which is why there wasnt much notice on the board. If you look in the lobby you'll see where was a couple posts a month or so back from Mike and Sam (another member of the board as well as on the team) asking if any local businesses wanted to sponsor the team. Thats how I initially became aware of the team.

With that said, lets get another team going! OF can definitely have more than one softball team so if we can get an OF team going, I'mdown to back it. Doesn't just have to be softball ... I know there's a kickball league that meets downtown at Pipers once a week. Maybe we could start an OF team?
                            Last edited by Erik; 04-26-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

im down to play

Comment

Working...
                              X