Hit & Run Options.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit & Run Options.

So I was involved in a hit and run yesterday afternoon on Goldenrod by University. A lady was in the center median/turn lane and decided to pull out.... Into the side/front qtr of my car as I was driving past down the road.... She stopped for about 5 seconds and pulled next to me, and then drove off.
    Trying to work out what my options are now. She came from a shopping complex (Publix, Chase, nail place, Wells Fargo etc) can I ask them if they have video of the lot or the road so I can try to get her tag #? Currently all I have is a description of her car, and a basic description of her and the kid in the front seat. Not much to go on I know.
    I also know she'll be needing to get her car fixed. Front bumper and headlight were hanging off totally on the passenger side, and she took some nice chunks outta my paint too. Can I ask any dealerships in the area to look out for said car with similar damage and then I contact the cops or what?
    Just tying to figure out what I can do, if anything. Little out of my depth here. So any and all help appreciated.
    Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Psychologist Carl Jung
    Life's too short to drive boring cars

2003 Chevy Cavalier. TRADED. 8.15.10
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. TRADED! 5.30.13
    2009 BMW 335i Hardtop Convertible. 6-spd M/T
    2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. 6-spd M/T. SOLD! 7.05.14

You can definitely ask the local businesses to check their cameras if they have them to get her tag and proof that she hit you.

Comment

What did the cops say

Comment

He said dispatch should have passed me to OCSO who were close by and could've looked for the car. Aside from that, nothing. Just gave me the accident report.
        Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Psychologist Carl Jung

Comment

She probably just didn't want her frozen pizzas to thaw.

Why did you not chase that bitch?
          And I live right there, and go to that Publix all the time what type of car?

Comment

step 1... call the cops
            step 2... call your insurance and have your car fixed...if they ever find the other driver they will get their money back.
            Quadcam hatch club.

This Space For Rent.

Comment

Well. Considering my car barely drives I didn't really think chasing her down on my own was smart.....
              And it was a white BMW X5. Black plastic trim, silvwheels (but not Flashy chrome.ish). Dark tint, past legal that's
              Female driver, Caucasian, late 30's/early 40's. 'bob' hair cut. Brunette. Kid in the front seat.

Comment

oh shit. BMW ran? usually that only happens without insurance... you'd think someone with a bmw would have insurance.

like this right?:

Comment

If she's smart, she'll stay away from having the dealers fix it, but it's a good idea to call the local bmw places and let them know the specific damage and color of your paint. Just tell them to call the police with your report #.

Also, what time/day was this? How old was the kid? There's a Kinder Care right across the street there, if it was a young child, she might have picked him/her up and went to publix to go shopping, you might want to scope that place out about an hour to 30 minutes before you were hit (assuming they have the same schedule daily) Was she leaving that complex on the Goldenrod side, and then heading North towards Aloma? That intersection sucks, and I hate going to Publix that way because no one seems to care about the right of way there.

Oh, and not to burst your bubble, but the cameras outside of the complex probably aren't good enough to capture a license plate clearly. But it's still worth a try, you can't just sit back and let this bitch get away with this. Do all you can.

Comment

Yup that's the car. SUV. whatever. Lol.
                    Happened at 5:30/5:35. I called the cops once I got my car out of traffic. Phone says 5:36.
                    Kid was older. Like 10-11 I'd s
                    She mas in that median for Publix to go down Goldenrod towards Aloma. Guessing.she had been at Publix/bank or whatever first. And yeah..the intersection sucks ass.

Comment

And yeah. I figured we prob won't find her but worth a try. If I.can't find anything in the next few days I'm just gunna fix my car w/o my insurance. My deductible is $1k anyway and with dads friends I can hopefully get it fixed until $1600 and won't have to tell my insurance.

Comment

if your deductible is $1,000, why would you pay more than that to fix it yourself? Who's your insurance provider?

Comment

Like I mentioned earlier, I go to that Publix all the time, and will keep an eye out for that car type, and get plates, and maybe even a picture of the driver if she matches that description.

Comment

I'd rather pay a little more than my deductible, get it fixed, and not tell them. Than save the $$ and have them hike my rates up even more lol.

Comment

I'm always skeptical when people are paranoid that their insurance rates will go up after a claim. I don't think that's how it works. When I had my civic covered by Progressive, I made 3 claims in 2 years, and on 1 of those claims, I was sued for $100k that Progressive paid for. I continued to carry them for another 2 years before I sold the car. My insurance never increased by any significant amount (maybe $15 at one point).

By the way, you signed an agreement with them stating that you would notify them of any accidents. And, you may not be in pain now, but by the end of the week, if you're in pain, what are you going to do, you can't report it then, it'll be too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X