No announcement yet.

Hit & Run Options.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to add... not only did they have to cover the $100k, but the other 3 accidents had probably $5-7k worth of damage combined (always cosmetic). And my deductible was $250, so it was a no-brainer for me to claim them.

Never once did they warn me about an increase, and the small increase(s) that did occur (when renewing) were based on inflation or a general raise to all policies (not me specifically or for any reasons caused by me).

Comment

Maybe it depends on what company you have, cuz I've been hit twice, and yes my rates still went up with the claims. She's already got enough on her record as well w being hit a couple times too, so I don't know if it will help or hurt her.

Try the cameras, like Symon said, they may not be out far enough to have caught the plate, but if they caught the accident that could help a bit. Glad you stayed and got a police report. Sorry to hear bout your car, hopefully you can get it fixed soon enough. If you need help locating parts I still have a few Lancer contacts.
      '11 Nissan Juke
      '07 Buell Blast
      Facebook

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Comment

Damage is up to $4k now. So deff going through insurance now.
        Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Psychologist Carl Jung
        Life's too short to drive boring cars

2003 Chevy Cavalier. TRADED. 8.15.10
        2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. TRADED! 5.30.13
        2009 BMW 335i Hardtop Convertible. 6-spd M/T
        2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. 6-spd M/T. SOLD! 7.05.14

Comment

Don't use Irish mikes, their body and paint department sucks big time.

Comment

lol
            www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by Aloysius View Post
              I'm always skeptical when people are paranoid that their insurance rates will go up after a claim. I don't think that's how it works. When I had my civic covered by Progressive, I made 3 claims in 2 years, and on 1 of those claims, I was sued for $100k that Progressive paid for. I continued to carry them for another 2 years before I sold the car. My insurance never increased by any significant amount (maybe $15 at one point).

By the way, you signed an agreement with them stating that you would notify them of any accidents. And, you may not be in pain now, but by the end of the week, if you're in pain, what are you going to do, you can't report it then, it'll be too late.
              Not 100% true I am with progressive as well. First time I got rear ended by the cops my insurance was 70 before afterwards it jumped to 90. After I hit a deer earlier this year I went from 90 to 140... Granted it's only 70 extra a month and like 6k of damage claimed it was worth it for peace of mind/less hassle.

Better to file an incident report and notify your insurance =/ sorry to hear
              Detailing page

Originally posted by 89gotballz
              Hyu is now Hyu again, Rusty larry or whatever was once hyu while so was all the other people. But after the most recent swap, hyu became hyu while dusty larry gave up hyu and became crusty larry

Comment

FHP went out there. Really funny is that I was watching the response times at work lol
                www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Comment

Working...
                X