Freeway onramp metering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway onramp metering

Hello, been awhile since I'ved browsed this site/forum...

Anyway, I live in Wisconsin and understand traffic signal laws may be different. My question is about freeway on-ramp/interchange metering. If both lanes are red and no one else is in line in either lane, is it illegal to proceed through anyway? Or is it considered like running a red light on suface streets?
    I you said "Google" to anyone 15 years ago, they would've thought you were just being silly.

It would be running a red light if its like Phoenix.

Comment

Its Still Running a Red Light. Ive been in the FDOT market for years. Most intersections are either on a Timer, Or Detection. Some Video Detection or Loop Detection.

Comment

thats fucking bullshit because I cant tell you how many times I would get to the light from I95 north to 192 and wait 10 fucking minutes and end up running the light anyway
        Originally posted by Aloysius
        Whatever you do in bed, we support you.
        Mamiya RB67 / Holy Trinity 50/90/180 and a Canon 5D with L lenses
        1941 Graphic View 4x5 Schneider 180mm

Comment

Originally posted by Papparazzi View Post
          thats fucking bullshit because I cant tell you how many times I would get to the light from I95 north to 192 and wait 10 fucking minutes and end up running the light anyway
          That's my point...wait for nothing, just keep going if no-one else is around/waiting. Of course I'll wait my turn when other traffic is in line, but i'm curious if metering lights are considered the same as actual traffic lights at an intersection. I appreciate the responses, thanx!
          I you said "Google" to anyone 15 years ago, they would've thought you were just being silly.

Comment

Working...
          X