Opinions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions.

My sister in law is considering either a Springfield XD9 or a Taurus PT92 (Beretta 92FS clone) as they are the same price, thoughts?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    current: 2009 & 2010 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2009 & 2010 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Tampa Bay Gasparilla 1/2 Marathon, 2010 & 2012 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine Bloomington 1/2 Marathon
    upcoming: 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon
    My Walthers: P99 40S&W, PPK 32ACP, P1 9mm, P5 9mm

What are her plans with it? HD? Range plinker? Out of those 2, I'd go with the XD.

I'm not one to bash other brands but I personally have had bad luck with Taurus (although it was a revolver).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HD mainly. Maybe a bit of purse carry.

current: 2009 & 2010 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2009 & 2010 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Tampa Bay Gasparilla 1/2 Marathon, 2010 & 2012 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine Bloomington 1/2 Marathon

Comment

Originally posted by Azn Kenny View Post
        What are her plans with it? HD? Range plinker? Out of those 2, I'd go with the XD.

I'm not one to bash other brands but I personally have had bad luck with Taurus (although it was a revolver).

Same here. Step father had a little Taurus .380 semi auto and it was not all that reliable. On the other had my range buddy does have a Taurus 357 revolver and it goes bang every time, but after a few hot load accuracy goes out the window and starts to shoot right of point of aim for some reason. The XD is a nice pistol though, had a full size .40 s&w a few years ago. Only reason I traded it was because I wanted a .45 at the time.

Comment

I'd go XD. I have a Taurus 357 revolver snub and it's perfect every time though.
          www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Comment

Glock

Comment

^ Lol and I agree. There's a reason that 65% of LE agencies use them.

Comment

No Glocks, she doesn't want brass smacking her in the face.

Comment

I have never had an issue with that. I have not been hit at all from any of mine

Comment

the PT92fs is a very reliable gun. For HD, it's quick and easy to operate and a few times at the range will have her ready to go at all times.

For conceal.....not so much of a recommendation based on weight and size. The XD has less weight and is a little bit smaller overall.
                    Quadcam hatch club.

This Space For Rent.

Comment

brass hitting you in the face? Never happens.

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Comment

Yes, but 1 story on the web equals 50,000 people who have had it happen, you guys know that.

Comment

don't hold it like a gangsta and you won't get brassed
                          Quadcam hatch club.

This Space For Rent.

Comment

Shit I shot mine nigga style and I didn't get hit with brass.

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Comment

I have heard that issue in the first batch of gen 4s but I believe Glock has fixed that with a new recoil spring. I've only owned gen 3s and have never experienced that.

Comment

Working...
                              X