hi-points 9mm and 40

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi-points 9mm and 40

First let me start off by saying that the trip to gander mountain was about the most frustrating event I have ever experienced. The wife wanted to see a hi-point 9 or 40 because well they are "cheap" and heavy so the recoil isn't as rough on her small hands. When we finally got a dude to help us he decided it was best to lecture us on how they make better beating clubs, than actual fire arms. I was shocked to see an employee berate a product in their store so badly that We left without buying anything....

So to my question, are they really that useless or was his Glock love making him so jaded that he couldn't possibly consider another brand? I understand it is cheap and you get what you pay for, but really? are they that useless? I wouldn't mind buying one for each car and just leaving them in each for in case shit moments....

From what I have seen else where it seems they are a bit picky on ammo, but that is a far cry from suggesting brass knuckles as better protective tool. The wife Carries her Walther everywhere she goes, but having "extra" guns around isn't a horrible thing either. The quality of the safety seemed a little cheap to be honest, but what good is a safety if it doesn't fire anyway?
    Originally posted by Ric
    Well, thanks for the compliment but I am not a god or religious figure.

Is her life going to be depending on it?
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Comment

besides doc's point.....it's a good gun for range training for other modern guns since it has most of the same features in similar places as them. Thinking that because it's heavy it won't kick so much.....not so. It has more kick than a walther p99 and a taurus pt92afs/beretta 92fs. This is due to the design of the gun being a locked barrel vs the floating barrels of the other guns mentioned. Also, with the same ammo, it gives out a much larger muzzle flash than the others even though the barrel lengths are the same....it's just a different animal. As I said though, it's a great range trainer for learning firearms to get someone started until they move to something better.
      Quadcam hatch club.

This Space For Rent.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
        besides doc's point.....it's a good gun for range training for other modern guns since it has most of the same features in similar places as them. Thinking that because it's heavy it won't kick so much.....not so. It has more kick than a walther p99 and a taurus pt92afs/beretta 92fs. This is due to the design of the gun being a locked barrel vs the floating barrels of the other guns mentioned. Also, with the same ammo, it gives out a much larger muzzle flash than the others even though the barrel lengths are the same....it's just a different animal. As I said though, it's a great range trainer for learning firearms to get someone started until they move to something better.
        very interesting, With as heavy as it was, I couldn't imagine it having more kick than a P99. mach1steve has one and I personally love the feel, but it is a little too much for her comfort for CCing in a 40.

Never fired it, so was curious what a sub 200 dollar fire arm really got you. For w/e reason I can't convince her to just go buy the XD9 and be done with it. She is trying to be cheap on it.....
        Originally posted by Ric

Comment

hi points are complete trash by far the absolute most unreliable and shitily made gun out there...but if you want to risk your wife's life over a few hundred bucks then go for it
          Originally posted by Einstein
          Last time I checked, henny's gone a lot faster then you and doesn't really have a need to swing on someone else's nuts
          Copper SV1000s
          Sold-07 Raven
          An 11 sec bike is much more fun than a 10 second car

Originally posted by TC527
          Hit that nigga with the pro tree beeps.

Comment

actually....hipoints aren't the worst gun out there. They are reliable at firing the round when they actually load the chamber. If you leave it "at the ready" with a round chambered, you will have that first round fire every time. It's just the loading of the second round that may be a problem. But you'll know if it loads the first rounds of a magazine consistently when you take it to the range for a day of training.
            Quadcam hatch club.

This Space For Rent.

Comment

It's just the loading of the second round that may be a problem.
              Actually, that is part of the definition of a shitty gun.
              "This is my kung-fu and it is strong." --Rat

Comment

Originally posted by syn-ack View Post
                Actually, that is part of the definition of a shitty gun.
                I think the "worst" part.... as in yeah they are bad, but there is even worse shit, though I'm not sure what exactly..... my 99 cent BB guns from ebay never had a problem loading a round....
                Originally posted by Ric

Comment

Regardless, I concur with the salesperson at Gander Mountain. They are not a reliable, well made weapon, and I would absolutely consider it a waste of the couple bills you did spend on it. Even if it was 25 bucks, I'd not waste my money on one.

Comment

When a general consensus is that they are a poor quality I'd say spend 100-200 more for something else.

I know everyone has their own preferences but there are plenty of good guns for fairly cheap that have much better user ratings. I like my xd for a cheap tupperwear gun IMO.
                    12.9 at 108
                    Originally posted by HF_ops2005
                    i love raw underground gorilla style street scene i guess.
                    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28247112985342

Comment

The guys at shoot straight said the same thing when i was looking at buying my first gun and asked about the hi-point, that they are junk.
                      Canon 7d: Tokina 10-17mm fisheye; Sigma 24-70 f2.8; Canon 85mm f1.8; Canon 430ex.

Comment

Gun stores should not carry guns that they have already deemed, "junk."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Azn Kenny View Post
                          Gun stores should not carry guns that they have already deemed, "junk."
                          Then how would black people buy legit guns?

/sarcasm

Comment

^ Like button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It has more kick than a walther p99
                              And that is why I love mine...
                              current: 2009 & 2010 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2009 & 2010 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Tampa Bay Gasparilla 1/2 Marathon, 2010 & 2012 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine Bloomington 1/2 Marathon
                              upcoming: 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon
                              My Walthers: P99 40S&W, PPK 32ACP, P1 9mm, P5 9mm

Comment

Working...
                              X