Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Law FAQ

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by joker0313 View Post
    you can buy a handgun from a private party at 18 but not from a gun dealer
    Yup, my bad... Good correction... I was in dealer sales mindset...
    "This is my kung-fu and it is strong." --Rat

    Comment


    • #17
      Q here: What is the exact process of purchasing a handgun in a shop in Florida? Will you get background checked? Will they require ID? IS there a waiting period?

      BTW: I have a clean record and i want to purchase one for shooting sports/home concealing only lol.. Just want to know what exactly is involved.
      Fad Follower PDA: Small plush toys hanging from your rear tow hook = #ForDaFags.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Z33 RULZ View Post
        Q here: What is the exact process of purchasing a handgun in a shop in Florida? Will you get background checked? Will they require ID? IS there a waiting period?

        BTW: I have a clean record and i want to purchase one for shooting sports/home concealing only lol.. Just want to know what exactly is involved.
        Yes to all 3 questions. There is no waiting period if you have a carry permit however.

        Comment


        • #19
          when concealing a handgun in a car whether in a holster or the glovebox or even both, can it be loaded?
          2000 Integra GSR Intercooled Turbo
          2001 Laguna Seca Blue BMW E46 M3
          2004 Chargespeed Widebody Subaru STi


          www.importuner.com/widebodyintegra
          www.jadecrew.com/vinnysintegra
          www.jadecrew.com/forum

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jade GSR View Post
            when concealing a handgun in a car whether in a holster or the glovebox or even both, can it be loaded?
            Yes. It would serve no purpose if it was not loaded..

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jade GSR View Post
              when concealing a handgun in a car whether in a holster or the glovebox or even both, can it be loaded?
              (l) A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person's manual possession;
              (2) "Concealed firearm" means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person.
              You're not concealing the firearm in your car according to the legal definition. You're carrying it securely encased.

              Comment


              • #22
                If selling a handgun to someone who is between 18-20 private sell what kind of information should you get from the person besides florida id. have them sign some sort of paper?

                Comment


                • #23
                  ok. i have a question. im 20! & i want 2 buty a pistol for home protection. (1) how do i buy one? (2) is it legal 2 do that? (3) if its in my car in a locked glovebox is that ok? (4) what should i get bc i love glock but i dont know about any other guns?

                  sry have lots of ?'s bc i dont feel like goin 2 jail for a gun. yellin "i have the right to bare arms"
                  Racing on hopes and dreams! Its true.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by blackout_accord View Post
                    ok. i have a question. im 20! & i want 2 buty a pistol for home protection. (1) how do i buy one? (2) is it legal 2 do that? (3) if its in my car in a locked glovebox is that ok? (4) what should i get bc i love glock but i dont know about any other guns?

                    sry have lots of ?'s bc i dont feel like goin 2 jail for a gun. yellin "i have the right to bare arms"
                    1- Private seller.
                    2- That's answered in the very first post of this thread.
                    3- That's answered in the very first post of this thread.
                    4- That's a personal decision.

                    Originally posted by godzhand View Post
                    If selling a handgun to someone who is between 18-20 private sell what kind of information should you get from the person besides florida id. have them sign some sort of paper?
                    Personally, I refuse to buy a firearm from someone private party if they make me sign paperwork. What's common for those who agree to paperwork from a private party sale, is to sign bill of sale with each other's drivers license number, the gun's serial number, dollar amount, and the date of the transaction.
                    Last edited by jj1987; 07-03-2008, 12:06 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      who should i go to if i want the serial # checked on a gun to make sure its ok?found one of those too good to be true deals....wanna make sure its not stolen
                      Originally posted by 99Slobra
                      I'm sorry I don't speak field worker....Can I get translator?
                      Originally posted by mustangnick88
                      for some reason only 5% of honda owners are mentally capable of making there cars anything but slow,loud, and uglier.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        any police officer can run the number for you,you can all them and they will come out and check it for you,just dont except them to be in a hurry
                        We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution. - Abe Lincoln

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a
                          "This is my kung-fu and it is strong." --Rat

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            i read the the whole first post and still have a question im 21 and would like to apply for a ccw permit, i meet the qualifications and all and im looking into filling out the app. but does anyone here have it? Will they give anyone the permit that meets criteria and takes the steps to do so , or do you have to have a reason to be granted such permit, as in armed security , business owner etc...
                            Originally posted by EckSyle
                            $700 for fake Brides? That's some nigga shit.


                            Ride Or Collide....

                            92' s13 hatchback(small turbo ka-t, better known as kitten)
                            s13 Silvia coupe Fake-ish (sold but missed)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Boost_1320 View Post
                              i read the the whole first post and still have a question im 21 and would like to apply for a ccw permit, i meet the qualifications and all and im looking into filling out the app. but does anyone here have it? Will they give anyone the permit that meets criteria and takes the steps to do so , or do you have to have a reason to be granted such permit, as in armed security , business owner etc...
                              How to apply-
                              http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/apply.html

                              The full law
                              http://flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.c...n%2006#0790.06
                              790.06
                              Start reading here-
                              (2) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall issue a license if the applicant:
                              Shall issue means they have to if you meet the requirements. FL is not a may issue or discretionary issue state. If you're wanting to carry, you really owe it to yourself to read these laws for yourself and familiarize yourself with them.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                im 20, so i cant walk into a gun dealer and buy ammunition for a pistol? where can i buy ammunition then?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X