X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love BMW engineering

Fail so hard

Indestructible 2005 GSX-R 600

Meh plenty of german cars have done that for years.
    Don't call 911
    grab the 1911 w/10 round wilson combat mag

Originally posted by bigmike
    Doug is an all around worthless, ignorant, douche...

Comment

In for Rics awesome justification
      use contraceptives

Comment

All I can think of:

'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
        -'13 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design Polestar
        '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Originally posted by The Editor
        I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

So all the yuppies will have to get it serviced by the dealer?
          1993 Rx7 converting to the darkside!

Comment

You push two buttons on the dash and the onboard computer tells you the oil level very accurately. Read the owners manual.

Everything on the car is computer controlled. There's a sensor for EVERYTHING, even the brake pads. The onboard computer will tell you the life expectancy of the consumables in miles left and when the expected service date is. There is nothing you need to "manually" check. Everything from the light bulbs to the key fob are all integrated (and programmable!!).

Example. I use a OBD2 bluetooth adapter and a $55 Android coding app.
            • I changed on my car what the key fob does. If I press and hold the lock button, it rolls up the windows and closes the sun roof. If I press and hold the unlock button, it opens the windows/sunroof.
            • I changed the "welcome" lights, when you unlock the car to also turn on the fog lights to see better at night when walking to the car.
            • I turned off the seatbelt chime when your seatbelt is not on.
            • I turned off holding the brake to push button start the car.
            • I turned on the option for digital speedo on the dash if you want to scroll to it.
            • I changed the car's daytime running lights from high beams to the factory angel eye halos
            • I removed the blower icon off the AC's LCD screen.
            • I removed the "auto" text on the AC's LCD screen. The Auto button is lit, you don't need to see it twice.
            • I changed the blinkers so if you just tap it, it blinks 3 times.
            • I turned off the chime when the key is in, but the car is off.
            • I changed the sensitivity of the automatic headlights, they were coming on too soon
            • I made it so if the rain sensor for the automatic windshield wipers sense rain and the sunroof is open, it closes the sunroof with a 10 minute delay from doing it again if you re-open it for some odd reason while it's raining.
            • Turned off the "bulb out" check for the LED foglight and headlight bulbs (yes LED headlights, they're bad ass HID is old news)
            • Probably more, but I forgot. That's just the tip of the iceberg of what you can do.

OH, and all those features go by the key, up to 4 different keys (I have two). So one key can do all that, and another key does something totally different. The car totally customizes itself to who's driving your car. It can do things totally one way for you, and totally another way for another driver like your SO. Pretty fucking bad ass.
            Last edited by Ric; 04-10-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

^^^^ and there it is
              use contraceptives

Comment

Pretty sweet if your into Gozmo crap on a car. I suppose Im just old school. I like my cars very basic and manual. I like to check my oil. I know when my brake pads need to be changed. I don't like chimes in my car...so the dinger get yanked. I don't want or need automatic temp control.

However, I do like cruise control and power windows door locks and power steering and brakes. Other than that...it's just more shit to go wrong in 10 years.
                11.4@127.....stock.

Comment

That's what technology is for, we live in 2014 might as well take advantage of it. Auto A/C temp is amazing even my 1992 Lexus had that. Set the temp to whatever (mine stays at 75) and it controls the fan speed, temps, and such. One less thing to worry about. You don't fudge with the AC in your house constantly, why should you in a car?

Comment

I'd have to agree with Ric on part of the technology standpoint.

Except for the dipstick issue. I think it should come with one unless it tells you the exact oil level with a sensor.
                    Luckily my Onstar iPhone app tells me everything I need to know about the car, and I get a monthly digest with a systems status.
                    'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
                    -'13 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design Polestar
                    '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Originally posted by The Editor
                    I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

It does tell you the exact oil level with a sensor, no need to get your hands dirty. It's like trying to argue the horse and buggy is better than the automobile. There's always going to be THAT guy who is stuck in the past.

Comment

Im just an old school car nut. Always loved working on my cars and I think when the technology gets too out of hand only throwing money at the problem fixes these cars nowadays. In example Wifeys 05 Infiniti QX56 has an annoying blinking airbag light on the dash due to a bad seat belt wiring harness. Cost of said wire harness $500+! for a fucking set of wires and a plug most likely yeah ... GTFO. I think my next beater is gonna be something old and user friendly /

Indestructible 2005 GSX-R 600

Comment

gone are the good ole days when you fix you car with some duct tape and 9 wire
                          2007 Dodge ram hemi sport 4x4-superchips program, 125 shot of nitrous, airraid intake, 180 thermostat, banks exhaust
                          1993 Honda civic HB-h22 and a little spray plus some other goodies-SOLD
                          1989 ford mustang-powered by procharger

Originally posted by DIESEL
                          Ill smack the white back in her

Comment

Good old days? When were you born? 1860?

Comment

yeah you are still a moron. Good ole days as in when you didnt need a degree in computers to diagnose cars you fuck nut
                              2007 Dodge ram hemi sport 4x4-superchips program, 125 shot of nitrous, airraid intake, 180 thermostat, banks exhaust
                              1993 Honda civic HB-h22 and a little spray plus some other goodies-SOLD
                              1989 ford mustang-powered by procharger

Originally posted by DIESEL
                              Ill smack the white back in her

Comment

Working...
                              X