No announcement yet.

Gotta love BMW engineering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love BMW though for their customizations. Tonight I didn't like how the welcome lights (the lights that come on when you unlock the car at night) looked, so I turned off the front parking lights and rear license plate lights with my phone app. So now it's just front angel eyes (bright as hell), rear parking lights, interior lights, and door handle lights. Looks much cleaner.

Do that with a Chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
      I love BMW though for their customizations. Tonight I didn't like how the welcome lights (the lights that come on when you unlock the car at night) looked, so I turned off the front parking lights and rear license plate lights with my phone app. So now it's just front angel eyes (bright as hell), rear parking lights, interior lights, and door handle lights. Looks much cleaner.

Do that with a Chevy.
      Really? This is what impresses you? No wonder you like BMW...
      current: 2009 & 2010 Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, 2009 & 2010 Daytona Beach 1/2 Marathon, 2010 Tampa Bay Gasparilla 1/2 Marathon, 2010 & 2012 Women's Running Magazine St. Petersburg 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Women's Running Magazine Bloomington 1/2 Marathon
      upcoming: 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon
      My Walthers: P99 40S&W, PPK 32ACP, P1 9mm, P5 9mm

Comment

Do that with a Chevy.

Ok Ric, let's get real here.

I come from a BMW that is, quite simply, "far more luxurious" than yours. F07 Gran Turismos are essentially a 7 series chassis and features with a 5 extended series body. Yes, they are pretty ugly, but things like rear air suspension, soft close doors, active heat ventilation, 4 wheel steering, and etc are not available on the E9* series. Yes, the F3* (328/335i) series Gran Turismo is awesome, but it's also about $60K after just a few features are added (I know, I almost bought one).

Yes, BMW coding is great, but it's not the end-all or pinnacle of automotive engineering.

I had the BMW app (both of them). It was laughable at best. $200 a year and it barely worked. It was so annoying that BMW admitted they hadn't got it right and refunded my money without questions asked. My "Chevy" app works flawlessly every time.

The F07 was a roomy tourer, and felt planted at speed, but so does my "Chevy". The difference is my Chevy can become a Nurburgring-tuned little devil with the touch of a button. The F07 couldn't do that, even with three suspension modes (Comfort, Sport, Sport+).

That being said, my "Chevy" is able to do what you're talking about, and I like it a lot more than my I liked my GT.

I don't mean to poop on your thread at all. I generally don't mind when you talk your talk. But this is a bit over the line. You own an entry level BMW with some features, not their flagship.

Please review the screenshots below.

Last edited by Ashy Larry; 04-20-2014, 07:54 AM.
        'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
        -'13 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design Polestar
        '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Originally posted by The Editor
        I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larry View Post
          I don't mean to poop on your thread at all. I generally don't mind when you talk your talk. But this is a bit over the line. You own an entry level BMW with some features, not their flagship.

Comment

Approach lighting...

You know how he'll come back from that? Tell you how shitty Publix is and why only fools go there.
            1993 Rx7 converting to the darkside!

Comment

No, I'm actually amazed Chevy has something. Although It's funny you make fun of my "entry level" BMW, when my 2010 Entry Level BMW has the same MSRP as a 2011 CTS-V did.

What's even more funny, is that my entry level BMW that's a year older has the same resale value as your CTS-V.

I'm not trying to compare dick sizes, just pointing out a fact.

Comment

We all know BMW is overpriced. It's general consensus.

Want to see something funny?

The sticker price for my F07 was $72K after options in 2010.

Trade in value in late 2013? 32K.

Yep.

Also, just... No. My friend had a 2011 or 2012 335i that was 51K with MSport.
                Last edited by Ashy Larry; 04-20-2014, 10:28 AM.
                '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

You don't buy german for it's resale value. Look at the E9x M3's. You can pickup a really nice one right now for 35k. Half what it was new only 3-4 years later.

Comment

My mistake. Just looked at trade in again.

Sorry everyone, sorry.. It's 10K lower than it was last year.

That's about 50K depreciation in 3.5 years.

Sweet.

'13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

You don't buy german for it's resale value. Look at the E9x M3's. You can pickup a really nice one right now for 35k. Half what it was new only 3-4 years later.

You shouldn't buy any car for its resale value.. It's true, cars are not an investment, but when the market value (what people are willing to pay) drops so significantly in a short amount of time, it really says something.
                      '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

i dont buy cars based on being able to change its accent lights with my phone.
                        2007 Dodge ram hemi sport 4x4-superchips program, 125 shot of nitrous, airraid intake, 180 thermostat, banks exhaust
                        1993 Honda civic HB-h22 and a little spray plus some other goodies-SOLD
                        1989 ford mustang-powered by procharger

Originally posted by DIESEL
                        Ill smack the white back in her

Comment

Hey don't feel bad, my trade in value is sitting at around 18k. I put excellent condition though because the car is flawless, full service history at Fields, and has 100k gold warranty. I will say this though, the 535i isn't a popular car. Most of the folks that want twin turbo power go for the 335. They go quite nice with a JB4.

I bought a 328 because it's respectable, sporty, and reliable. Compared to a CTS-v, it pulls higher G's in the skid pad and stops the same. Doesn't have that awesome v8 power though, hence why I can't wait to buy an M3!!
                          Last edited by Ric; 04-20-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

It's not in excellent condition. No used car is. Very Good is something you may be able to get away with, but not excellent.

My car had a full history at fields as well, and was certified when I purchased it. Fields (where I had purchased it) wouldn't give me more than 28 when I asked last year.

Most 5 series demographic buyers who want twin turbo power actually go with the 550i (TT V8 @ 400hp) because the 3 series is too small.
                            '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

I drove a 550 during drive for the cure. Sweet Jesus.

Comment

They're pretty amazing. And with a Dinan or BergerTune package they get up to 500hp. I was going to get my GT in 550 form, but the dealer in Jacksonville didn't want to come down to 40K from $45K.

Don't get me wrong, my wife and I loved our BMWs (She had an E83), but the issue is that they're quite stagnant. They make a GREAT chassis, engine, and features in the first production year. Then they leave it the same (besides an LCI and a couple of differences). We could park her 2010 E83 next to a 2004 model and not tell them apart. The E83 wasn't even that great. It didn't get great reviews anywhere. Despite knowing his, they soldiered on. Same with the 5 series GT. Sold in TERRIBLE numbers but they soldiered on and made a 3 series version (which is much better, but we'll see if it can make them some numbers).
                                '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

I don't believe in sigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X