• Show
Clear All

• ChiCo
    started a topic Gotta love BMW engineering

Gotta love BMW engineering

Fail so hard

• Ashy Larry
    replied
    ^^ college auto has some very good priced ones, but I believe they are all 13s and 14d that were used by GM for Track events like Cadillac Racing's V academy at VIR.

You're right though, they're pretty expensive for the gen 2. Mine was 45K.

Leave a comment:

• Henny
    replied
    Originally posted by Ric View Post
    No, I'm actually amazed Chevy has something. Although It's funny you make fun of my "entry level" BMW, when my 2010 Entry Level BMW has the same MSRP as a 2011 CTS-V did.

What's even more funny, is that my entry level BMW that's a year older has the same resale value as your CTS-V.

I'm not trying to compare dick sizes, just pointing out a fact.
    Please try to find any 09+ CTS-V for sale in the whole country for the price you purchased your car for. I'll wait. I'll even give you 5 grand additionally. I thought I was in the market but they are just too pricey for me to justify purchasing.

Leave a comment:

• TEDDER1
    replied
    Bought mine for 14k. Its now 17500. :D

Leave a comment:

• Turtleb00st
    replied
    I bought my 2011 sti 3 years ago for 34k. Private party is still high 20s. Sti's have probably the best resale value of any car

Leave a comment:

• Ashy Larry
    replied
    Dinan does claim higher numbers than it actually produces, but you're paying mostly for a warranty and dealer friendliness.

What do you mean "those" are the worst tunes, though? You do know that the JB4 you mentioned for the 335 is made by Berger Tuning right?

Burger Motorsports Official Website | BurgerTuning.com

Leave a comment:

• Ric
    replied
    Those are the worst tunes. There's open source tunes that blow those away. Dinan is garbage.

Leave a comment:

• Ashy Larry
    replied
    They're pretty amazing. And with a Dinan or BergerTune package they get up to 500hp. I was going to get my GT in 550 form, but the dealer in Jacksonville didn't want to come down to 40K from $45K.

Don't get me wrong, my wife and I loved our BMWs (She had an E83), but the issue is that they're quite stagnant. They make a GREAT chassis, engine, and features in the first production year. Then they leave it the same (besides an LCI and a couple of differences). We could park her 2010 E83 next to a 2004 model and not tell them apart. The E83 wasn't even that great. It didn't get great reviews anywhere. Despite knowing his, they soldiered on. Same with the 5 series GT. Sold in TERRIBLE numbers but they soldiered on and made a 3 series version (which is much better, but we'll see if it can make them some numbers).

Leave a comment:

• Ric
    replied
    I drove a 550 during drive for the cure. Sweet Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• Ashy Larry
    replied
    It's not in excellent condition. No used car is. Very Good is something you may be able to get away with, but not excellent.

My car had a full history at fields as well, and was certified when I purchased it. Fields (where I had purchased it) wouldn't give me more than 28 when I asked last year.

Most 5 series demographic buyers who want twin turbo power actually go with the 550i (TT V8 @ 400hp) because the 3 series is too small.

Leave a comment:

• Ric
    replied
    Hey don't feel bad, my trade in value is sitting at around 18k. I put excellent condition though because the car is flawless, full service history at Fields, and has 100k gold warranty. I will say this though, the 535i isn't a popular car. Most of the folks that want twin turbo power go for the 335. They go quite nice with a JB4.

I bought a 328 because it's respectable, sporty, and reliable. Compared to a CTS-v, it pulls higher G's in the skid pad and stops the same. Doesn't have that awesome v8 power though, hence why I can't wait to buy an M3!!
    Last edited by Ric; 04-20-2014, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dropcivic
    replied
    i dont buy cars based on being able to change its accent lights with my phone.

Leave a comment:

• Ashy Larry
    replied
    Originally posted by Ric View Post
    You don't buy german for it's resale value. Look at the E9x M3's. You can pickup a really nice one right now for 35k. Half what it was new only 3-4 years later.

You shouldn't buy any car for its resale value.. It's true, cars are not an investment, but when the market value (what people are willing to pay) drops so significantly in a short amount of time, it really says something.

Leave a comment:

• Ashy Larry
    replied
    My mistake. Just looked at trade in again.

Sorry everyone, sorry.. It's 10K lower than it was last year.

That's about 50K depreciation in 3.5 years.

Sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Ric
    replied
    You don't buy german for it's resale value. Look at the E9x M3's. You can pickup a really nice one right now for 35k. Half what it was new only 3-4 years later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X