User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b20 block gsr head vs gsr block ls internals usdm type r pistons?

like title says
    i got the b20 pulled. i found a compression calculator online and found out the b20 block with a gsr head is going to be 10.20 compression while i have 11.22 now. but it's going to be .2 liters bigger obviously. b20 vs b18. which is going to make more power? or will it be about the same? what's more important that little extra compression or the little extra liters?

rite now it's ls crank,ls rods, and usdm type r pistons.
    the b20 is a b20z with stock internals
    Calling out ignorance is my hobby!

Basic comprehension owns 30% of orlandoforums.

Fah Q Lorenzo. Go Spies #11 for '11 The Raven's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oh boy......look first thing you should do..is get your rotating ass. balanced if you are going this route. along with arp rod bolts and head studs. dont worry about compression yet...and seriously unless youre actually building this motor..and not some bullshit ass build like your last one..you prob wont notice the diff. also with youre awesomely ported head..man that thing will fly. I just recently sold my b20v, and it ran amazing. i built it up myself. i can go on through the list of mods..actually just look at my old FS thread. dont take short cuts...
    I am Dakotaracers Bitch

I AM A GAY COCKNOZZLE!!

You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life. -Marco Simoncelli-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
    oh boy......look first thing you should do..is get your rotating ass. balanced if you are going this route. along with arp rod bolts and head studs. dont worry about compression yet...and seriously unless youre actually building this motor..and not some bullshit ass build like your last one..you prob wont notice the diff. also with youre awesomely ported head..man that thing will fly. I just recently sold my b20v, and it ran amazing. i built it up myself. i can go on through the list of mods..actually just look at my old FS thread. dont take short cuts...

the car was already together before. it had a ls rotating assembly, arp rod bolts and arp head studs in the gsr block. i was just going to bolt the gsr head on the b20 block and throw the gsr block together later.

when i realised bolting the gsr head on the b20 block would yield me less compression, i questioned wether or not i should do it? i dunno if you understood exactly what i was saying. i can go either route. the gsr block was already running with the ls internals and type r pistons.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and this is exactly why ppl dont like giving you advice....I have been there done that asswipe...i took no short cuts, and ppl here can vouche for my motor..its actually STILL floating around put together and running with the SAME parts. I used to autox the car and would see 9.5k almost daily, because i took no short cuts...go ahead and slap on the the head and call it a day and see how long it lasts.......goly **** no wonder bro...STOP QUESTIONING PEOPLE WHEN THEY GIVE YOU ADVICE AND TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF SEEM SMARTER....I understood the question and decided to add another helpful bit of info....for later on down the road...**** it...im done
    I am Dakotaracers Bitch

I AM A GAY COCKNOZZLE!!

You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life. -Marco Simoncelli-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^I own it now
    Don't call 911
    grab the 1911 w/10 round wilson combat mag

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
    Doug is an all around worthless, ignorant, douche...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh snap nigga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and this is exactly why ppl dont like giving you advice....I have been there done that asswipe...i took no short cuts, and ppl here can vouche for my motor..its actually STILL floating around put together and running with the SAME parts. I used to autox the car and would see 9.5k almost daily, because i took no short cuts...go ahead and slap on the the head and call it a day and see how long it lasts.......goly **** no wonder bro...STOP QUESTIONING PEOPLE WHEN THEY GIVE YOU ADVICE AND TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF SEEM SMARTER....I understood the question and decided to add another helpful bit of info....for later on down the road...**** it...im done

there always has to be a ignorant douche in every thread i post.
    helpfull information? i asked one of 2 options. that's it, not about building a motor or any ****ing thing else, you never answered my question then got pissed because i told you you didn't answer it.

ONE MORE TIME....

WHICH WILL MAKE MORE POWER
    GSR BLOCK+LS RODS+LS CRANK+ARP ROD BOLTS+USDM TYPE R PISTON YIELDING A COMPRESSION RATION OF 11.22:1

OR
    B20 BLOCK, STOCK, WITH A GSR HEAD THAT YIELDS 10.20:1 COMPRESSION..

i didn't bash you, i didn't call you wrong, i simply told you you didn't understand my question because you didn't answer my question.

I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAD A FULLY BUILT GSR, H22, LS, OR D16

my question was about these 2 combo's and only these 2 combo's and you never answered the question...

the gsr block with ls crank, ls rod bearings and usdm type r pistons already has arp rod bolts.

YOU WANNA ANSWER THE QUESTION THEN TELL ME THE RITE WAY? FULLY BUILT? POTENTIAL OR WHATEVER THAT'S FINE, BUT DON'T GET PISSED WHEN I TELL YOU YOU DIDN'T ANSWER ME.
    Last edited by Doug; 10-22-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i appologize for the ignorant remark. but my question honestly wasn't about building a motor. just which of these 2 combo's would make more power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont worry about compression yet...and seriously unless youre actually building this motor..and not some bullshit ass build like your last one..you prob wont notice the diff.
    he answered your question you dumb ****
    White JEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!

I'm to drunk to taste this chicken

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EckSyle View Post
    he answered your question you dumb ****
    thanks....repd
    I am Dakotaracers Bitch

I AM A GAY COCKNOZZLE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "sighs" compression is the question at hand. saying not to worry about it kinda contradicts the question i originally asked.

my last build wasn't a bullshit ass build.

the question of which to go with was never answered. if there both gonna make the same power, the gsr block has arp rod bolts and a girdle. therefor it would be more reliable when revving is questioned. it's also been balanced. but again, the question was which would make more power. if he says i won't notice the difference that doesn't mean theres not one?

"sighs" jesus
    Last edited by Doug; 10-22-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't call 911

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    "sighs" compression is the question at hand. saying not to worry about it kinda contradicts the question i originally asked.

my last build wasn't a bullshit ass build.

the question of which to go with was never answered. if there both gonna make the same power, the gsr block has arp rod bolts and a girdle. therefor it would be more reliable when revving is questioned. it's also been balanced. but again, the question was which would make more power. if he says i won't notice the difference that doesn't mean theres not one?

"sighs" jesus
    yes your previous build was a bullshit ass build. and as i said unless you plan to spend dough on the b20v, dont worry about compression on either motor..as you wont notice anything..to put it into words even YOU would understand...why worry about something that you shouldnt worry about?

oh and you see..I told you it was still floating around out there..still alive and in tact....unlike alot of other frank motors put there...why? because it was done right.
    I am Dakotaracers Bitch

I AM A GAY COCKNOZZLE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes your previous build was a bullshit ass build. and as i said unless you plan to spend dough on the b20v, dont worry about compression on either motor..as you wont notice anything..to put it into words even YOU would understand...why worry about something that you shouldnt worry about?

so a gsr with ls crank, ls rods and type r pistons yielding 11.22:1

will make the same power as a

b20 v-tec yielding 10.20:1

is that what you're saying?

what one will like nitrous more? the higher compression? or again, it doesn't matter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :facepalm:
    Its not the wand that makes the magic, Its the magician.
    -iBUILT-

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    so a gsr with ls crank, ls rods and type r pistons yielding 11.22:1

will make the same power as a

b20 v-tec yielding 10.20:1

is that what you're saying?

what one will like nitrous more? the higher compression? or again, it doesn't matter?
    considering you didnt even have a tune on the last one....yes they prob. will make about the same power...and even so..a 2-5 hp diff. you wont notice on your ass dyno....and again with the nitrous bullshit..bro you can have 15-3-1-4-56-7-5-90 compression and with no tune it doesnt matter which one "nitrous likes more" simple as that.

typically with nitrous more compression is slightly better, again with a tune..without it..it wont matter as you will blow it..
    I am Dakotaracers Bitch

I AM A GAY COCKNOZZLE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's going to be tuned.

i guess i just wasted 2 days pulling this damn b20 when i'm prob. not even gonna use it : /

hence why i wanted to be sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and you see..I told you it was still floating around out there..still alive and in tact....unlike alot of other frank motors put there...why? because it was done right.

VERY much still intact and very alive and built very properly might i add. Only thing i have to change is the FAIL b17/b16 cams but meh not a thing to worry about
    Don't call 911

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lowSi View Post
    VERY much still intact and very alive and built very properly might i add. Only thing i have to change is the FAIL b17/b16 cams but meh not a thing to worry about
    yea well i had s2pro2s on it..but those were too aggressive for my liking...esp. with the comp. on it..you do know it is extremely high..cant say exactly but...the pistons were 12.5-1, I did get the head shaved oh so slightly. and the flat faced valves......please only 93+ on it...
    I am Dakotaracers Bitch

I AM A GAY COCKNOZZLE!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ true i am planning on running pro1's

deff only 93 i have had a h22 and built b17 high comp also
    Don't call 911

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information