I used to work in the recruitment advertising field and know a lot about what is going on in the economy after dealing with HR professionals for 3.5 years. Many companies have no put off advertising and are using other resources to showcase their jobs in the community. While everyone thinks that the CareerBuilder’s and monsters are the end all be all you would be wrong.

Since companies have scaled back budgets the HR professionals have to find other ways to showcase their openings. I recommend looking into a company’s website. The company is paying a web design company or IT professional to keep their site up and they update frequently. I recently applied to 10 different jobs, not one did I find on a job board rather the company’s website. You need to differ yourself from the other 500k job seekers that are out in the Central Florida Community.

Here is a list of websites to also visit:

www.orlando.employmentguide.com
www.indeed.com
www.simplyhired.com
www.job.com
www.monster.com
www.careerbuilder.com
www.hotjobs.com
www.jobing.com
www.orlandojobs.com
www.facebook.com
www.twitter.com

You can also pick up print publications such as

the Employment Guide
Orlando Sentinel
Job Finder
Job News

These are just a number of job boards to visit but also keep in mind that everyone knows someone that is out of work and looking for work. Contact friends on your social media sites and see if their company is currently looking to fill openings.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me and I will point you in the right direction. This thread is meant to be of use and if you need to add anything please feel free.