User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work the door Wednesday's at a bar DT. I noticed some 'out of the ordinary' police activity last night (Wed. around 10-11pm)

An unmarked car stopped in a right of way lane on Orange, near Wall St. Three officers were standing around a car, two of them had note/citation pads, they looked like they were handing out seat belt tickets, making people role down their windows and shining their lights in their cars. Then an unmarked truck pulled up, in the only other available driving lane. Two more officers got out with flash lights and started walking up to cars. They made a few people role their windows down but waved them on, until they got to a lavender/pearl F-body camaro on 20's a few cars behind the truck. They made the driver get out with his hand up, then they searched everything including the trunk. It was a very thorough search involving at least 6 foot-soldiers and a few more that rode up on cannondale bikes.

They handed him his keys and let him drive away after about 25-30minutes of poking and prodding. The makeshift-checkpoint, and 10 police officers disappeared shortly after.
    I am here to kick ass and chew bubble-gum.

...and I am all out of bubble-gum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention that they had him cuffed and on the curb while they searched his car. You could tell there was a lot of accusations by the officer, because the guy just kept shaking his head. But I guess that is protocol...
    I am here to kick ass and chew bubble-gum.

...and I am all out of bubble-gum.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hand cuffing is pretty normal in a situation like this. like i've said in other threads it doesn't mean you are arrested or being charged with anything. it's for the safety of everyone. it might be humiliating but so is having a card declined at a restaurant when you obviously have money on your card.
    12.9 at 108
    Quote Originally Posted by HF_ops2005 View Post
    i love raw underground gorilla style street scene i guess.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28247112985342

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys not to sound corny but I just want to say thanks for the support, ive gotten a few PMs with positive feedback. This situation is something you don't really train yourself to handle unless your around people who actually live the street life. Since this has happened I really have had no piece of mind. Every thought for the last day has been this episode over, and over and over. I keep thinking what could have I done differently, I keep trying to remember other details, It was the last thought I had before I slept and what kept me from sleeping, it was the first thought when I woke up.

You watch shows like Cops and you notice the police are all in general polite when the camera is on them, Ive worked with police for 8 years and all of them have been polite to me when I was doing loss prevention. My whole life I have held police at a pretty ethical standard. Its not the same anymore, it never will. When your on the other side its a whole different animal.

Im going to have to drive by that place I was pulled over just about every night to go to work, I drove past it today and I was pissed. One of the main thoughts I have that bothers me is that I was called a spanish ganster or gangbanger. I don't ever think I have met a real gang member from a real gang in Orlando. I have a lot of time to think and that kinda sucks for me. I look at the big picture, I look at the message behind this. This is the conditioning these people are doing to our society. I was really stereotyped, its not just something I hear in music anymore or from a random friend. I was degraded for not being poor, for not being a poor spanish person. Its like thats the industry standard. and its a crime to make anything of yourself. You hear this story about police pulling the race card. Its drilled in us so much that we just don't even think about it, cause I never did I just thought it was people making an excuse or a way to justify themselves. But in reality it really is about race, and its hits you hard when you put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

My close friends told me today that I should get a low key car, I need to get rid of my car. But for what? if I conform to those subliminal standards they put on society, then I let the system win. I worked about 6 years to pay off that car and modify it to my standard, why should I let anyone take that away from me. I thought about the issue they had with me having money. That bothered me the most out of everything. The fact that I have made a honest living my whole life. Why should I have to answer to the police to tell them why I have so much money. I remember the cop asking me if I had a bank account, and to be honest I don't even really want one anymore. Now cops are sales men for banks? I really sat down and thought to myself why do I put my money in a bank? The same banks that have caused unemployment in our society, the same banks that are kicking people out of their homes and making people homeless. Why am I supporting this system? Some two disrespectful guys I have never met searched my car, tied me up like an animal, accused me of a crime I didn't commit, took my wallet, and counted my hard earned money in front of me? And tried to make me feel like having money is wrong. That could drive any weak minded person overboard. And This is acceptable in society? Holy cow... We really need to open our eyes. I have had legal advice from my lawyer who I have 100% trust in. I plan on making a choice that is about not about benefiting myself but more of a solution to this problem. This is prolly the last reply I will have on this thread, but I can tell you this, I will not conform or do anything to not let this happen again. Im not going to lower my standard of living, or downgrade my car, Im going to still keep cash in my wallet when I have money. Im going to go about my normal business and try my hardest to put these thoughts away. because I don't want to be a mental slave to this incident. What ever controls your thoughts controls your life, and all this negative energy is not even worth my time, its just going to bring bad things to my life. Last night was a low point in my life and it can only go up from here. Im just going to use this as a learning experience and Im going to be more considerate of other people when I hear stories like this now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man I'm sorry to hear this rincon. Honestly I would put this out to the media. Email fox, cbs etc... All the local news. They will do a story and preety much investigate for yah. Put them on blast. That isn't fair and we shouldn't be treated like that. We pay their paychecks. I'm sick of corrupt cops. I'm mad for you bro
    I AM SIMPLY CLEAN
    www.iamsimplyclean.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rincon View Post
    You hear this story about police pulling the race card. Its drilled in us so much that we just don't even think about it, cause I never did I just thought it was people making an excuse or a way to justify themselves. But in reality it really is about race, and its hits you hard when you put all the pieces of the puzzle together.
    i've done the analyzation, i've been through what you're going through (even had to spend a night in jail because the asshole cop, had no prior arrests), and i agree about the race thing. now maybe people realize (or at least you do) why i made the whole stink in the racial profiling thread a while ago. many people may not agree, but like i had said, it does exist. its just one of those things words can't explain, they'll have to see or emotionally go through it themselves to understand.

Im going to go about my normal business and try my hardest to put these thoughts away. because I don't want to be a mental slave to this incident. What ever controls your thoughts controls your life, and all this negative energy is not even worth my time, its just going to bring bad things to my life. Last night was a low point in my life and it can only go up from here. Im just going to use this as a learning experience and Im going to be more considerate of other people when I hear stories like this now.
    very wise man in the face of adversity, you'll be just fine. these are very wise words couldn't have said it better myself

also i would recommend keeping the story to yourself. if it becomes a topic of conversation, people will make their own judgements about you for better or for worse and you don't want it to define you. earlier on closer to when it happened to me, there were a few girls i talked to and i would bring up that ive been arrested, whether you tell them subtly or not, some cant wrap their brains around the fact that some police officers are bad or that stuff like that happens in real life. of course if you are dating for a while or speaking with your close friends they would be more understanding. good luck man stick to what you love and take it a day at a time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HYU View Post
    i've done the analyzation, i've been through what you're going through (even had to spend a night in jail because the asshole cop, had no prior arrests), and i agree about the race thing. now maybe people realize (or at least you do) why i made the whole stink in the racial profiling thread a while ago. many people may not agree, but like i had said, it does exist. its just one of those things words can't explain, they'll have to see or emotionally go through it themselves to understand.

also i would recommend keeping the story to yourself. if it becomes a topic of conversation, people will make their own judgements about you for better or for worse and you don't want it to define you.
    You're definitely right. Some people would need to go through it themselves to understand but if there's some positive to come out of this situation its that someone else won't have to go through it in the first place because this should be the last time, at least those cops, get away with it.

What's done is done because unfortunately no one can undo the cops actions but what we do from here on out can be the difference between this not happening again in Orlando (or at least by the same cop) or even if it happens to one less person ... its better than someone else posting a similar thread popping up in the future because the same thing happened to someone else

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is about facts of what happened.

This will not turn into an all out Bash fest.
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rincon, if you can remember anything and have means, you really need to take action on this. Its unfortunate that this happened, but sometimes things shape your life for a reason. This might be one of those "defining moments" in your life. Use it.

And if these cops were legit, that weed they allegedly "found" should've gotten you arrested. The fact that they let you go confirm that they were up to no good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take action, at least it will be on record for any future or past accusations against them to be more focused. I personally would never roll my windows down or let them search my car. But im white and a dick, so. Good luck.
    So take the money and throw way up in the sky, and whatever God wants He keeps.

koe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well sadly you gave up basicly all your rights from start to end.
    2,4,5 and 6 amendment.They often do this.they know not many know there rights and they basicly work with intimidation.Its to sad but its true.
    Never ever ever will a cop help you out of nothing they are not priests.Anything you say to a cop can and will be used against you in a court of law.
    NOYFB
    Grown ups dont care about knocks offs Racing Parts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on taking action through IA or your own attorney. But dont let it become cumbersome to you socially. Its really something to consider and assess before it takes its toll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am seriously considering making contact with some of the higher ups that I am acquainted with in the Orlando Police Department. I don't work with anyone in IA, but I could probably get you a number to contact someone directly. Let me know if this is an avenue that you would like to pursue.
    New Members: Recommended Reading Materials

Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    interesting facts most time when someone write an interesting fact that fact isn't that interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    that the op is intelligent which we discovered to be not true

OF Junior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this has happened I really have had no piece of mind. Every thought for the last day has been this episode over, and over and over. I keep thinking what could have I done differently, I keep trying to remember other details, It was the last thought I had before I slept and what kept me from sleeping, it was the first thought when I woke up.
    Reading this I can just tell you that you need to get over it (I dont mean it harshly) but if this keeps up you might develop PTSD, as the quote reflects some sign of it. Stuff like this can cause it .From your previous posts it seems you a straight up guy, and this really has affected you. This was an unfortunate event and happened and I wish you the best to get this solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMike25 View Post
    Rincon, if you can remember anything and have means, you really need to take action on this. Its unfortunate that this happened, but sometimes things shape your life for a reason. This might be one of those "defining moments" in your life. Use it.

And if these cops were legit, that weed they allegedly "found" should've gotten you arrested. The fact that they let you go confirm that they were up to no good.
    not defending anyone here, as I only have one side of the story, and there isnt really any proof for either side as of yet...

but, in the past, I have let guys go who I've found small amounts of weed on...for various reasons.
    misdemeanor arrests were a lot of paperwork for a pretty minor crime...or if I'm looking for a favor from the dealer for another time, etc. Perhaps these cops believed rincon and decided to not arrest him or cite
    him? Hard to know, since none of us were there
    2009 Honda civic si..stock
    1993 honda civic hatch... stock except for koni's/GC coilovers
    1989 crx... stock

Carlos's Internet Persona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the main thoughts I have that bothers me is that I was called a spanish ganster or gangbanger. I don't ever think I have met a real gang member from a real gang in Orlando.
    Your a dj for a Nightclub in Central, Florida. You probably have lol. Dude im really sorry you had to experience something such as this. I really hope you don't blow this off and that you don't march your ass to IA and do something. Downtown is like a reality TV Show. Theres cameras everywhere. Theres bound to be a camera pointed at you with video of what happened and maybe it caught the numbers on top of the Police Car. I may be wrong but its food for thought. DO NOT LET THIS BLOW BY. TAKE ACTION. NOBODY DESERVES THIS KIND OF TREATMENT.

Except maybe the dudes in Pine Hills riding in there Pink Firebirds on 24's.
    Last edited by 89gotballz; 02-04-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    everyone who lives downtown use drugs.

OrlandoForums's Most Hated
    EVERYDAY IM SHUFFLIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbatson View Post
    not defending anyone here, as I only have one side of the story, and there isnt really any proof for either side as of yet...

but, in the past, I have let guys go who I've found small amounts of weed on...for various reasons.
    misdemeanor arrests were a lot of paperwork for a pretty minor crime...or if I'm looking for a favor from the dealer for another time, etc. Perhaps these cops believed rincon and decided to not arrest him or cite
    him? Hard to know, since none of us were there
    That's true, but he described it as a "...big plastic bag of weed...".

I don't know how how much weed was in it, but I pictured a bag filled with weed based on that description. He didn't describe it a small amount.

I agree though, I could see someone being let go for a small amount, but if it were a big bag, why would they let him go unless they weren't legit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    facebook.com/beardlife
    @hertlife
    @beardlife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear on my life that everything I say is true. Most of you on this forum know I am a legit 100% person. What I experienced today was not real, it was a real ****ing nightmare. Tonight I was driving to work, I dj at 23 in downtown on Wednesday nights. I drive a 2002 protege 5 its a station wagon. Its dropped with black rims nothing fancy. I always drive the speed limit. Im 28 years old and Im mature and I just know better to not bring attention to myself. Some of you on this forum that have been in my car can vouch I drive like a old person and I admit my car is slow so there is no point in me driving like an asshole.

Tonight on my way to work I was on i-4 getting off the exit into downtown, I was coming from the millennia area and the exit I took is the one where the Old club paris is. I noticed a cop car behind me really close when I was coming to the light, and im thinking why is he on my ass? I just figured he is running my tag or whatever and I was doing the speed limit. Light where club paris was turned RED. I stopped at the light did nothing wrong and I just knew I was going to get pulled over for some reason, but in my head im thinking for what? I get pulled over so I do what Ive always known to do, and this is put your hands on the steering wheel. Im polite to the officer and im have a million thoughts on what the hell I was pulled over for, and I know its not my tint cause its legal.

The officer asks for my ID, Registration, and proof of Insurance. When I take out my wallet I notice I have all my Rent money in 20s and the officer saw it, in the back of my head im thinking great this is probably a sign that they are going to **** with me. I ask the officer after I gave him my paper work, what did I get pulled over for he was like I will tell you in a minute. Im think to myself ok whatever. I look at my watch and its like 8:55 PM and I have to be at the club at 9 ready set up to play music. The cop then asks me to roll my back windows down and my front windows all the way down. I notice another cop that was with him a spanish officer came up behind my car with a flash light looking inside my car from the outside. Im thinking this must be usual routine.

He then asks me "do you have any weapons or bombs in your car" I say no, but I think to myself who the **** carrys a bomb in their car. They did not mention anything about do you have drugs and I caught on to that, cause I figured thats what they would ask first. They officer which had the flash light that came up behind the car asked me what the box in my front seat was, I told him it was a fog machine, he is like ok. He then asked me what that plastic box in my back seat was I was like thats where I carry my portible tire wrech or whatever its call to change my tire. He was like ok. Then he asked can I search your car, now im no idiot when It comes to law because I know I can say "I do not consent to search" and they would have to get a warrant or bring in a dog to sniff my car or whatever it is they do. I told the officer, how long is this going to take? I have to be at work at 9 and I thought to myself when I said that, if i say no its going to take forever for them to search my car that already has nothing illegal. I had nothing to hide, I would never be dumb enough in my life to ever drive with drugs or anything that can put me in jail and for those of you who know me personally know im a really square dude. So i told the officer sure go ahead just search it.

As soon as I get out the car the officer escorts me to the back of my car and puts HANDCUFFS on me, before even searching and tells me to sit down. I was in shock more than anything, thinking what the **** is going on? They sit me on the side of the road like a criminal. I can't see anything going on in my car. I was seated behind my car on the passenger side, the cop was searching my car on the back seat on the drivers side. Out of no where the spanish cop which was the one with the flash light who was asking me questions then tried to talk to me in spanglish. He was like do you smoke "pasto" which means grass in english. Im like what? Huh? and out of no where he pulls out this big plastic bag of weed from my back seat. He started using all this drug slang that I have never even heard of. I promise you on my life, I would never be that stupid to ever have weed in my car, if I had a kid I would promise it on his life, or anyone in my family thats how serious I am. To be honest I don't even know how much it was in the bag cause I really don't know anything about grams or how much something like that weighs. Im thinking to myself holy shit, this is not happening to me. I kept telling the officer over and over, THAT IS NOT MY WEED, I think i said it like 20 times, Im on the side walk in cuffs looking at my sneakers thinking my life is over. I would not wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy, not even on the most evil person to walk this earth what I felt. If I did a crime, I can take a punishment, I can stand up and admit my troubles. Its really the worse feeling in the world, its horrible and I think to myself these assholes are really going to send me to jail, I don't even know what jail is like. I started thinking im going to get some sort of probation, pay up the ass in fines, never get a normal job if I needed one, paying my lawyer to prove im innocent. Im thinking about the epic debt these bullshit cops are going to frame me with, Im thinking if im going to spend a night in jail, who will bail me out? who can I call? I don't have any number memorized other than my parents and there is no way in hell I can tell this. I now know what if feels like to have the world crash down on you, other than experiencing someone you know passing away, but its almost as bad.

The cop started asking me who name is the car in, I tell him my mom cause I know its registered in her name cause her name when I bought it but I was the co signer. He then calls me a liar and says its on my name also, im like ok my bad, the officers really started to get rude, I kept telling them the weed is not mine. To the point where I was told the spanish officer YOU PLANTED THAT IN MY CAR. He then got even more mad, and I have worked with loss prevention for 8 years of my life. I know how cops work, I know if you piss them off your going to jail. He tells me in these exact words "Why the **** would I put my crediblity on the line for some low life gang banger like you" I just kept telling him the weed is not mine. The other officer which was a white guy who came up to my car first then talked to me and took my wallet which was full of my money. I had 812 dollars in my wallet I had like one 50 dollar bill the rest were 20s. He takes my wallet and starts counting my money on the hood of his car, he asked me how much money I had, I told him about 900 bucks and it was to pay my rent cause its due on the 5th. He tried to make it seem like I was a drug dealer, in my head i was like ok these two assholes are already framimg me on weed, and now they are going to take my money. He counted 812 and started getting rude like I liked to him, I told him I have spent some of my money this week, my bad, I don't know my expenses by heart. I told them look im a honest hard working citizen, im not a criminal, please don't take my rent money, I worked all month to get that. They told me my mouth was getting myself into more trouble, not to mention they were throwing the F bomb around a lot, I didn't even cuss at them once.

Some how while I was on the side of the road feeling like a complete idiot another DJ I knew was walking by on the sidewalk, He asked me RINCON are you ok? I was like yo tell my boss at 23 I might be late or not comming in at all. When I said that, the white cop started cussing me out saying, NOW WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?? Im like look im supposed to be at my job right now. The spanish cop then picked me up off the side walk with the cuffs on and I thought i was ****ed for real. I thought to myself my life was over, I told him my life is in my car, all my dj equipment is in there, what are you guys going to do with my stuff. The cop then tells me DO YOU SMOKE WEED? Now im like wtf? How do I answer this question, If I say no then its really going to make me look like a liar and he can some how use this to justify sending me to jail for lying when they put weed in my car. Its one of those things that crosses your mind like how people say you see your life before your eyes before you die. Its just like that. I told the cop yeah ive smoked weed, but I would never in my life be dumb enough to have it in my car, and its not like its a habit, I can't even remember the last time I smoked weed. Then the cop was like where did you get it from, i was like, I told you ITS NOT MY WEED. He was like do your friends smoke weed? I was like probably, then where do they get it from? I was like how the hell do I know? Im not a pot head, I don't even know if all my friends even smoke. He then told me to shut up and my mouth is causing me more trouble than anything.

When my dj friend started walking back to the club, one of the cops took his bag of weed back to the car and all of a sudden the cop took my handcuffs off, and the white officer explained to me that the reason he pulled me over is cause my license plate lights were not working, I really had no clue that I had to have license plate lights. I was in a accident last year and I guess they forgot to put them on and some how this whole traumatizing mess happened to me tonight. The officer then said im not taking you to jail or giving you a ticket. But then started threating me that if he saw me again that he would make my life a living hell. I just get in my car and I notice my ID was in the drivers seat and my paper work. I don't even think the cops ran my info through the system. They just let me go, I was in total shock why would they do this to me? I then get in my car and drive off. When I parked my car in the parking lot down the street behind Vintage night club in that parking lot infront of the old Voyage night club I notice that the idiot cops left tin foil on the top of my car, I look at the tin foil and its a old colombian cheese burger left over crumbs inside, I took a picture of it I might post it up later. Im assuming they were trying to say that was drugs also cause they were using a lot of slang I had no clue what it was.

Why would someone we pay with our tax dollars put a innocent person through this bull shit. This is unreal that officers really do this to people. I thought this only happened in movies, I want justice, I want to know who these two corrupt cops are, I want them fired, I want them to be punished to the full extent of the law for this. Its just really messed up how unethical and unprofessional they are. I know how some of you are in this forum and might be like: why are you making a big deal, nothing happened. This is a big deal for me, this is really going to mess with my head, I will never look at a cop the same, I might even freak out and do something stupid next time I get pulled over, who knows? Its just insane that police would stoop to this level and try to frame me for something like this. I want you all to show everyone my story, I want everyone in Orlando to know that there is two cops riding together one a short bald spanish guy and a tall white guy riding around Orlando trying to frame people. This is every serious and I don't wish this on anyone.

If anyone here works for OPD or knows someone who can bring some justice to this and get these officers fired please hit me up.
    I'm a law abiding citizen, but I never consent to a search. And when ever an officer says he's going to put me in cuffs for his safety. I always tell them if they place cuffs on me then I consider myself being placed under arrest by them and they might as well take me downtown, for I've got nothing more to say. I don't submit to threats and intimidation tactics, a badge doesn't empower anyone to abuse the law! If I'm treated with respect then I will return the respect. But a cop on a power trip isn't enforcing the law he's breaking it...

Now having said that let me just say I've rarely ran into a problem. On the few instances that I did the officer didn't like how things came about afterwards. Suspensions & Demotions hurt their ranking and soon enough they'll be booted off the force when they continue acting like their One man Gestapo... The Moral is be respectful to LEO's but also stand up for your Civil Rights don't let a bad apple with a badge think he/she is above the law.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information