User Tag List

Thread: farmers market

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

farmers market

i'm looking to buy local organic fruits and veggies. I'm having trouble finding a real framers market.most just seem to be another crappy flea market with the same produce at stores just at a cheaper price.

anyone know where an actual farmers market is to buy fresh local produce?
    what I have:
    1985 Gs: Drag car - 1973 Rx2: Play car
    What I had:
    93 Touring: TRADED - 91 Coupe: TRADED -
    90 GTU: RHD SOLD - 88 10AE: SOLD - 87 Base: SOLD - 86 Base: SOLD - 1985 GSLSE: Junked - 85 Gsl: SOLD - 80 Gs: TRADED - 1972 Rx2 - SOLD

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is one by michigan/orange used to be called moms meats and pops produce.. they are building a huge one just south of rachaels on orange ave, it isnt open yet though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sanford has a good one for produce. its on 1st street every sat.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Slobra View Post
    I'm sorry I don't speak field worker....Can I get translator?
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangnick88 View Post
    for some reason only 5% of honda owners are mentally capable of making there cars anything but slow,loud, and uglier.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Winter Park FarmersnMarket is pretty good. I haven't been in a few months, but usually it has a good turnout of vendors. That's on Saturdays, right off Park Ave.

My best friend andnher mum go to the one Downtown By Lake Eola. That's on Sundays. She always gets good stuff and stocks up for her gym clients there.
    Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Psychologist Carl Jung
    Life's too short to drive boring cars

2003 Chevy Cavalier. TRADED. 8.15.10
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. TRADED! 5.30.13
    2009 BMW 335i Hardtop Convertible. 6-spd M/T
    2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. 6-spd M/T. SOLD! 7.05.14

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup Winter Park Farmers Market.
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Xbox 360 Repair Guy TheOnlyErik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they did a farmer's market at waterford lakes every now and again? Someone who knows for sure can verify?
    Member.of.[Z3Ro-UNiT]

OrlandoForums Xbox360 GuRu.
    ----PM Me For 360 Repairs or Modding----
    ----PS3 Repairs and Modding----
    ----Wii Modding Available----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday at Lake Eola - Great deals and good quality.

audubon park community market - Audubon Park Community Market on Monday nights

Welcome to Eat more Produce! - This one is on 17-92 and open 7 days a week.

The Means of the End | The Autobiography of East End Market - They're building a full time farmers market in Audubon Park that has a ton of interest and will have it's own community garden, etc.
    2003 Porsche 996TT K24-18G / 2003 Imola Red BMW M3 SMG / 2007 Silver BMW X5 4.8i

douchebag per carlos zoom zoom6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do a small one in lake mary, We go up there and get some amazing veggies for cheap. it is every sat from 8-1(?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Well, thanks for the compliment but I am not a god or religious figure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think they do one in hunters creek on Saturday/Sunday mornings. parking lot behind ale house on JYP/Town center.
    'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
    '11 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I don't believe in sigs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
    The Winter Park FarmersnMarket is pretty good. I haven't been in a few months, but usually it has a good turnout of vendors. That's on Saturdays, right off Park Ave.

My best friend andnher mum go to the one Downtown By Lake Eola. That's on Sundays. She always gets good stuff and stocks up for her gym clients there.

this is a good farmers market with lots of stuff. but i hate that there is no parking anywhere and your walking at a pace of .000005 mph with all the damn people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. Yupp ^^^
    Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Psychologist Carl Jung
    Life's too short to drive boring cars

2003 Chevy Cavalier. TRADED. 8.15.10
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. TRADED! 5.30.13
    2009 BMW 335i Hardtop Convertible. 6-spd M/T
    2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. 6-spd M/T. SOLD! 7.05.14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the Winterpark Farmerk Market today, and although it was the best one yet I have been too. It still sint what a Farmers Market is supposed to be. No produce being sold there was organic and almost nothing was local!

I also tried Eat More Produce down the street the the farmers market. Which was cool because almost everything was local, but almost nothing was organic. Which is what I am after. I stopped by the Sanford Farmers Market as well today. Which has to be the smallest one yet with about 6-8 vendors. Almost nothing to offer. And in the last few weeks I have tried many other Central Florida Farmers Markets. So after price comparing the produce from Publix, Bjs, farmers markets, ect. Whole Foods comes out to be the clear winner. They have everything organic you want and more, and suprisingly a lot of local products as well... After everything, I spent about the same I would have spent from my normal grocery store shopping (BJ's and Publix). And I bought 100% Organic versus my normal 25% Organic due to high exspence and whats was available...

So really, Whole foods comes out cheaper if buying 100% Organic Vs. the normal stores. However, there are a few ridiculously high priced items like Avocados and melons from what I seen. But getting those at Publix (or similar) is no big deal if they are a must have for that week.
    what I have:
    What I had:
    90 GTU: RHD SOLD - 88 10AE: SOLD - 87 Base: SOLD - 86 Base: SOLD - 1985 GSLSE: Junked - 85 Gsl: SOLD - 80 Gs: TRADED - 1972 Rx2 - SOLD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sanford farmers market used to be pretty large. they had produce and all types of stuff. now its like how you said. 6 vendors. local honey, roasted nuts, flowers, some sort of tupperware and 2 other people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sen2two View Post
    I tried the Winterpark Farmerk Market today, and although it was the best one yet I have been too. It still sint what a Farmers Market is supposed to be. No produce being sold there was organic and almost nothing was local!

I also tried Eat More Produce down the street the the farmers market. Which was cool because almost everything was local, but almost nothing was organic. Which is what I am after. I stopped by the Sanford Farmers Market as well today. Which has to be the smallest one yet with about 6-8 vendors. Almost nothing to offer. And in the last few weeks I have tried many other Central Florida Farmers Markets. So after price comparing the produce from Publix, Bjs, farmers markets, ect. Whole Foods comes out to be the clear winner. They have everything organic you want and more, and suprisingly a lot of local products as well... After everything, I spent about the same I would have spent from my normal grocery store shopping (BJ's and Publix). And I bought 100% Organic versus my normal 25% Organic due to high exspence and whats was available...

So really, Whole foods comes out cheaper if buying 100% Organic Vs. the normal stores. However, there are a few ridiculously high priced items like Avocados and melons from what I seen. But getting those at Publix (or similar) is no big deal if they are a must have for that week.
    Try the Monday night farmers market in Audubon Park, there are quite a few vendors there who are big in the "Slow Food" movement here in CFL and can point you in the right direction. By years end the full time market will be there which should be bale to serve most if not all your needs.
    2003 Porsche 996TT K24-18G / 2003 Imola Red BMW M3 SMG / 2007 Silver BMW X5 4.8i

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, I'll be watching for that. I would much rather support local farmers and the local economy rather than feeding into a large corporation like Whole Foods. Not saying that they are evil like Walmart, butsupporting the locals is always the better choice.
    what I have:
    What I had:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CF has a lot of nice farmers markets in my opinion, best place to get fresh produce. Although it seems like some grocery stores (Publix) carry local produce also, not sure how 'legit' it is though. I did run across a website, Orlando - Online Market that looks promising. Doesn't look like it's up and running yet, but says it delivers local produce to your doorstep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saw a farmers market in the winter garden area of the west orange trail while riding.
    'Formerly ElBorintegra, Dirk Diggler, and one of the Hyus'
    '11 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    '13 Ford Edge Sport AWD

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I don't believe in sigs.

Thread Information