User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63
  1. #1
    OF Senior Member tecni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45

    My 2008 CBR1000rr & mods

    Well the weather has been pretty nice lately and I've been a bored since I sold the G35 and can no longer go fast so I went out and bought this bad boy.


    Don't mind the mess in the garage!

    I've also included pics of some mods I've done so far.



    Zero Gravity double bubble windshiled:




    Before the Integrated Tail light:


    After:



    Next is:

    Exhaust, HID's, better tires, SS brake likes, and Galfer rotors.

  2. #2
    Sorry its my first day Sohcvtec1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,996
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234
    Im sorry but your a moron. nice bike but stupid rider
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDER1 View Post
    Now I don't work for NASA, but I think you might have missed the window of opportunity.
    "owning a Type R is like a dream, you wake up and its gone."
    Wanna be a sponsor?
    http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

  3. #3
    OF Senior Member tecni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by sohcvtec1995 View Post
    Im sorry but your a moron. nice bike but stupid rider
    how am I a stupid rider? This should be interesting.

  4. #4
    OF Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    52
    ugly bike
    more pics of the vette


  5. #5
    OF Junior Member 1320WhtRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by sohcvtec1995 View Post
    Im sorry but your a moron. nice bike but stupid rider
    x123456765432176543
    Quote Originally Posted by tecni View Post
    how am I a stupid rider? This should be interesting.


    No shirt... That right there, makes you a moron and stupid rider... 0% Cool factor about it.

  6. #6
    OF Senior Member tecni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320WhtRex View Post
    x123456765432176543



    No shirt... That right there, makes you a moron and stupid rider... 0% Cool factor about it.
    LOL I never ride like that... We were going to the beach.

    I suppose SOHC wears full leathers to the beach.
    Last edited by tecni; 10-15-2009 at 07:41 PM.

  7. #7
    OF Junior Member 1320WhtRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by tecni View Post
    LOL I never ride like that... We were going to the beach.

    I suppose SOHC wears full leathers to the beach.
    Let it not happen again.... At least wear a spine protector vest/gloves or something....

    No he doesnt but you wont catch him riding bareback.... lol

    Let this not be you... I learned the hard way.....








    Nice bike BTW......

  8. #8
    Sorry its my first day Sohcvtec1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,996
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234
    I wear jeans shirt gloves and helmet.
    you wearing shorts, tank top and a helmet.
    I dont wear full leathers but i do normally have my jacket on which is leather.
    The ground dosent get any softer the closer to the beach you are. or the hotter it is outside. I take it you have never wrecked a bike? and if you have i guess you didnt learn.

    Im glad that you made it home in 1 piece but dont make it a habit. cause the one time you think it will be alright you will wake up with a nurse wipeing your ass after you **** cause your hands are ****ed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDER1 View Post
    Now I don't work for NASA, but I think you might have missed the window of opportunity.
    "owning a Type R is like a dream, you wake up and its gone."
    Wanna be a sponsor?
    http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

  9. #9
    New Member manbearboris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    What's wrong with wearing full leathers at the beach

  10. #10
    Sorry its my first day Sohcvtec1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,996
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearboris View Post
    What's wrong with wearing full leathers at the beach
    its hard to get the sand out lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDER1 View Post
    Now I don't work for NASA, but I think you might have missed the window of opportunity.
    "owning a Type R is like a dream, you wake up and its gone."
    Wanna be a sponsor?
    http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

  11. #11
    OF Senior Member tecni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    that's nasty! I took a nasty spill back in 2005 and luckily I was wearing a leather jacket, gloves and a helmet but I still managed to get rash on my knee and that stuff takes forever to heal.

    Staying safe on a bike is not easy, I always wear a helmet and when its bearable I wear my leather jacket.

    My friends videotaped me after I wiped out when I was still incoherent from the shock and to this day I haven't seen the footage. Anybody got a handycam they wanna let me borrow so I can transfer it?

  12. #12
    Sorry its my first day Sohcvtec1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,996
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234
    so you got messed up with gear on and yet you think less gear would be better
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDER1 View Post
    Now I don't work for NASA, but I think you might have missed the window of opportunity.
    "owning a Type R is like a dream, you wake up and its gone."
    Wanna be a sponsor?
    http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

  13. #13
    OF Senior Member tecni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by sohcvtec1995 View Post
    so you got messed up with gear on and yet you think less gear would be better
    Did I say that less is better? No...
    Its a risk you take just like you risk getting hurt or dying when you skydive, cliffdive, drag race, horseback ride, etc...

    Normally I ride with gear... To the beach I don't. Its a risk I'M willing to take.

  14. #14
    OF Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Yeah man, wife beater on a bike is pretty squiddy.

    Nice looking bike. Like everyone else said tho, gear up. Even if you're just rolling to 7-11 to top off your tank. You dress for the accident not the ride.

    I've crashed twice with full gear on (helmet, jacket, gloves) , and thankfully both times I was able to get up, curse, pick up the bike, and continue riding with no damage to me except a knee scrape one time. If only the bike had been so lucky lol

    Buy a tinted visor, you'll look way cooler haha
    '10 BMW 316i
    '06 Honda CBR1000rr

  15. #15
    OF Member Lukey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Nice bike, I won't add to the bashing though. Stay safe.

    Edit: One thing, the main reason I never get on the bike without gloves is that I've seen a video long time ago about a dude that wrecked on an off ramp. He didn't have gloves and his fingers got ripped off, they said in the video that if he had gloves it would hold them together. It kind of stuck with me. I like my fingers.
    Last edited by Lukey; 10-15-2009 at 10:40 PM.

  16. #16
    Mjolnir, my banhammer! V8TitanPwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Champions Gate
    Posts
    4,145
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    62
    the new cbr's are eh, no gear = no bueno, its not the rider its the dumbass in the suv that will get ya....

  17. #17
    OF Senior Member tecni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    3,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc9015 View Post
    the new cbr's are eh, no gear = no bueno, its not the rider its the dumbass in the suv that will get ya....
    If by "eh" you mean incredible and rated best liter bike of 2008 then I agree with you, my bike is pretty damn EH...

    I don't wanna compare my bike to yours since its not in the same class but I do know that your bike didn't win best bike of 2005.

    Supporting source:
    http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...out-78761.html


    Anyhow if we were to compare yours to mine it would look something like this:

    2005 Triumph Daytona 650
    Dry weight: 363 lb
    Horsepower:112hp
    Torque: 51 Tq
    Power to weight ratio: 0.30
    MPG: 35
    1/4 mi: 11.4 sec
    Top speed: 154 mi/hr

    2008 Honda CBR1000rr
    Dry Weight 410 lbs
    Horsepower: 175hp
    Torque: 84 Lb/ft tq
    Power to weight ratio: 0.35
    MPG: 35.5
    1/4 mi: 10.2 sec
    Top speed:178 mi/hr

    So your bike didn't win all the awards the CBR did, its slower in the 1/4mi, has .05 less power to weight ratio, worse fuel economy, less torque (obviously), and is boxy-looking.

    Oh yeah and your bike doesn't have an eletronic speed-sensitive steering damper.

    I'm done here.

  18. #18
    The News Guy Donkey Elephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Casselberry, South Jersey
    Posts
    10,432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320WhtRex View Post
    Let it not happen again.... At least wear a spine protector vest/gloves or something....

    No he doesnt but you wont catch him riding bareback.... lol

    Let this not be you... I learned the hard way.....








    Nice bike BTW......
    atleast you're almost white
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress
    According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul's Farewell Address
    Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong.
    أحمد حكمي

  19. #19
    OF Senior Member bottlefed97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    On the computer
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    56
    Nice bike!

    Oh and Jesse is just jealous cuz yours is faster and nicer
    '97 GT - 528rwhp
    '06 GSXR 600 - totaled
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bottlefed97
    Sig:
    http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1349110069
    Quote Originally Posted by skunk2 View Post
    i see that car everyday its so annoying she drives by my house at least 3 times a day i wana throw a rock at it

  20. #20
    Moderhater Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    21,369
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by tecni View Post
    If by "eh" you mean incredible and rated best liter bike of 2008 then I agree with you, my bike is pretty damn EH...

    I don't wanna compare my bike to yours since its not in the same class but I do know that your bike didn't win best bike of 2005.

    Supporting source:
    http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...out-78761.html


    Anyhow if we were to compare yours to mine it would look something like this:

    2005 Triumph Daytona 650
    Dry weight: 363 lb
    Horsepower:112hp
    Torque: 51 Tq
    Power to weight ratio: 0.30
    MPG: 35
    1/4 mi: 11.4 sec
    Top speed: 154 mi/hr

    2008 Honda CBR1000rr
    Dry Weight 410 lbs
    Horsepower: 175hp
    Torque: 84 Lb/ft tq
    Power to weight ratio: 0.35
    MPG: 35.5
    1/4 mi: 10.2 sec
    Top speed:178 mi/hr

    So your bike didn't win all the awards the CBR did, its slower in the 1/4mi, has .05 less power to weight ratio, worse fuel economy, less torque (obviously), and is boxy-looking.

    Oh yeah and your bike doesn't have an eletronic speed-sensitive steering damper.

    I'm done here.
    Wow it doesn't take much to send you into a rant you sensitive little girl.
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

    Couple of K5's. Lifted.

    Molon Labe


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 2010 cbr1000rr
    By bomex180 in forum Motorcycles - For Sale
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM
  2. New CBR1000rr
    By iCe_2x in forum Motorcycle Showroom
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 05:59 AM
  3. FS: 2008 Yamaha R1 Raven Black!! LOW MILES!!! TASTEFUL MODS!!!
    By godzhand in forum Motorcycles - For Sale
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
  4. FS: 2008 Honda CBR1000rr
    By tecni in forum Motorcycles - For Sale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 05:39 PM
  5. 05 honda CBR1000RR red/black - $7100
    By stupid240 in forum Motorcycles - For Sale
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83