User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man gets jailed for cashing a check....

Chase Bank Reportedly Has Man Jailed Over Check They Issued Him (VIDEO)

Last June, 28-year-old Ikenna Njoku of Auburn, Washington was reportedly imprisoned for four days after trying to cash a Chase check the bank itself had issued to him.
    Mr. Njoku, who at the time claims he had become a new homeowner, qualified for the first-time home buyer rebate on his tax return, for a total of $8,463.21 after overdraft fees, reports King 5 Seattle.
    When Chase mailed him the check, he says that he sought to cash it as quickly as possible. But when he arrived at the Chase bank, the banker allegedly thought the check, and his claim that he owned a home, were fraudulent.
    "I was embarrassed," Njoku told King 5. "She asked me what I did for a living. Asked me where I got the check from, looked me up and down -- like 'you just bought a house in Auburn, really?' She didn't believe that."
    According to Mr. Njoku, he left the bank and was told by customer service that he should come back the next morning. When he did, the bank had phoned the police, who subsequently arrested him for forgery.
    Njoku remained in jail for four days. When the bank realized it had made a mistake, they left a voicemail message with the detective handling the case, but unfortunately for Mr. Njoku, it was the detective's day off. No further attempts were made by the bank to correct the error, the local police department confirmed to King 5.
    The check that had landed him in prison was reportedly seized as evidence and he lost his job for failing to show up while in prison.
    "They [Chase] haven't even sent me a letter or apologized," he said. "It's been a year we've been trying to contact these guys." He has since hired an attorney.
    Mr. Njoku is not the first individual who has been imprisoned for what has arguably been a bank's mistake. In June of this year, KCAL 9 reported that Laguna Beach resident Stephen McDow had been arrested for spending $60,000 of a $110,000 tax refund that Citibank had mistakenly deposited in his account.

Sorry its my first day Sohcvtec1995's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a solid lawsuit, with a nice payout
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDER1 View Post
    Now I don't work for NASA, but I think you might have missed the window of opportunity.
    "owning a Type R is like a dream, you wake up and its gone."
    Wanna be a sponsor?
    http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/payments.php

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd spend 4 days in jail in order to sue a bank, and the city.

OF Junior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995 View Post
    sounds like a solid lawsuit, with a nice payout
    This.
    Your time is limited, so donít waste it living someone elseís life. Donít be trapped by dogma ó which is living with the results of other peopleís thinking. Donít let the noise of othersí opinions drown out your own inner voice.- Steve Jobs

Everythings going to be okay in the end; if it is not ok, then IT'S NOT THE END- Unknown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PH3N1X View Post
    "She asked me what I did for a living. Asked me where I got the check from, looked me up and down -- like 'you just bought a house in Auburn, really?' She didn't believe that."
    execute her

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow. CEO's screw the financial system to Hell and back and get a slap on the wrist, middle class does what they are told and gets the clink. **** the banks, **** the financial system **** all of them. Bunch of horseshit. They totally own this country and people are too obsessed with some bitch who may or may not have killed her child to actually notice it.

That dude is totally getting paid, big bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
    Whatever you do in bed, we support you.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET ФЭД-2 Индустар-26P 50мм f2.8 / Юпитер-9 85mm f2 and a Canon 5D with L lenses
    1904 Eastman Kodak 5x7 Compur-Deckel-Munchen shutter with a Bausch&Lomb Zeiss-Tessar 1b 135mm/4.5 c.1920

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd spend 4 days in jail in order to sue a bank, and the city.

How is it the city's fault?

Chase bank says the issued no such check. Guy is in possession of said check bank states they never issued. Sounds like fraud to me, pending further investigation of course.

I think the instance where the shit bird who accidentally received $110,000 is comical. Why shouldn't he be prosecuted? Why shouldn't he pay back what he spent? He knew it wasn't his.
    Debt resolution, annuities, managed money accounts, 401k's, Roth IRAs, home/auto/life insurance....Just some of the many things I can help you with. PM me for a free financial needs analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Make7upyours728 View Post
    The nurse swabbed my inner thighs, shaft, sack & even my taint with betadine and now my whole crotch looks like I was on the jersey shore. It was cold and kinda tickled. No arousal to report
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    No offences but I dont believe being a dj is that much differnt then sucking 50 dicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe chase should pay attention to where they're placing their money.
    "DSM, turning owners into mechanics since 1989"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997GST View Post
    maybe chase should pay attention to where they're placing their money.
    Nothing is perfect. No system, no person. Errors occur. His act was intentional. "intentional" plays a large part in crime.

Assuming you're referencing the $110,000 incident. The main article, chase done ****ed up. Lol
    Debt resolution, annuities, managed money accounts, 401k's, Roth IRAs, home/auto/life insurance....Just some of the many things I can help you with. PM me for a free financial needs analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Make7upyours728 View Post
    The nurse swabbed my inner thighs, shaft, sack & even my taint with betadine and now my whole crotch looks like I was on the jersey shore. It was cold and kinda tickled. No arousal to report
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    No offences but I dont believe being a dj is that much differnt then sucking 50 dicks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
    How is it the city's fault?

Cuz **** the city. That's why. I dunno, wrongful arrest? I'd at least file against them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cuz **** the city. That's why. I dunno, wrongful arrest? I'd at least file against them.
    ehh They were going off the charges though.
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    ehh They were going off the charges though.
    So, if I tell the police that I witnessed someone commit a crime, they'll arrest them on my word, without any real investigation? Of course not. And I'm pretty sure this guy would have been defending himself and saying 'I'm not doing anything wrong. The bank mailed me this check." So why wouldn't the police bother to think about it? I'm sure the check was real, or we'd have a whole new conspiracy to worry about. So, it's obvious to me that the teller was new, and lacked experience. How is it that a real check would be mistaken for a fake one? Especially since if the bank issued it, it would probably have the most security features that a check could have. Maybe it just looked too real? Suspiciously real? lol

This is the kind of situation I wish I could be in. I'd love the payout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why waste the time and money to pursue a lawsuit against the bank. it was the dumb banker's fault. like i said execute her, everyones happy, end of story. would make one think twice before being that dumb this day in age.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, if I tell the police that I witnessed someone commit a crime, they'll arrest them on my word, without any real investigation? Of course not. And I'm pretty sure this guy would have been defending himself and saying 'I'm not doing anything wrong. The bank mailed me this check." So why wouldn't the police bother to think about it? I'm sure the check was real, or we'd have a whole new conspiracy to worry about. So, it's obvious to me that the teller was new, and lacked experience. How is it that a real check would be mistaken for a fake one? Especially since if the bank issued it, it would probably have the most security features that a check could have. Maybe it just looked too real? Suspiciously real? lol

This is the kind of situation I wish I could be in. I'd love the payout.
    Depends. If there is an instance of a fake check printed and the bank says they didn't print it then that would be enough evidence to arrest and then interrogate.

I think you will find more instances of people creating fake checks then banks making errors on this level.

I think there is some info we are all missing on this story. I hope the rest of it comes out before this looses traction and falls to the side.
    www.facebook.com/99slobra

Couple of K5's. Lifted.

Molon Labe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by V II N View Post
    why waste the time and money to pursue a lawsuit against the bank. it was the dumb banker's fault. like i said execute her, everyones happy, end of story. would make one think twice before being that dumb this day in age.
    what's with you and executing people lately? Have you been watching too many medieval movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Depends. If there is an instance of a fake check printed and the bank says they didn't print it then that would be enough evidence to arrest and then interrogate.

I think you will find more instances of people creating fake checks then banks making errors on this level.

I think there is some info we are all missing on this story. I hope the rest of it comes out before this looses traction and falls to the side.
    Ya, there seems to be more to the story, and I'm wondering if that clerk, and her manager are still employed by Chase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's with you and executing people lately? Have you been watching too many medieval movies?
    lol some people are just more eligible for death than others, thus should be executed.

V II N > Darwin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bet we can do a 10 count to execute your OF privileges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would be lovely

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    then why don't you start yourself off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would but first let me marvel at your post count relative to your join date. i just noticed it and holy ****ing shit!

ok done marveling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information