Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble brewing in the Horn of Africa

Al-Shabab is more or less an African version of Al Qaeda
    Kenya Aid Workers Kidnapping: Country Will Track Al Shabaab In Somalia
    Somalia and Al-Shabab | THE CURRENT INTERNATIONAL

There have been increasing reports by locals in the Horn of Africa, from various countries such as Somalia, Kenya, and Uganda, that Al-Shabab (“The Youth”) is being suspected of or claiming responsibility of acts of violence, that range from kidnapping local non-combatants, such as tourists and aid workers, to bombings in the host countries that have troops in Somalia. Al-Shabab, being a terrorist-militia group based in Somalia, claims that attacks in neighboring countries were in response to their military interventions in Somalia. Other allegations that have been reported on from locals include local propaganda campaigns which aim at converting people to Islam, and to recruit militia membership. Eritrea is supplying arms to Al-Shabab, in its fight against Kenya and Ethiopia. Kenya itself is currently conducting cross border raids and airstrikes into Somalia, trying to eradicate Al-Shabab bases near the border, that allow them to penetrate into Kenya and kidnap civilians. There are currently Kenyan and Somali Federal troops fighting together against Al-Shabab, since October of this year starting with Operation Linda Nchi (“Protect the country”)

Some background: Somalia has been off-again and on-again in civil wars since before and after the failed US humanitarian aid mission, that culminated in the infamous “Blackhawk Down” incident. Warlord infighting eventually brought about Islamic law. In response to an Islamist government, Christian Ethiopia invaded the country with US backing, leading the more youthful, militant, and terrorist, Al Shabab, to respond. Ethiopia had since retreated in 2009, limiting their involvement.

Al Shabab popped on the American public’s radar when they recruited their current poster boy, Omar Shafiq Hammami, known as Shayk Abu Mansoor Al-Amriki (“The American”), originally an Alabama American; currently, it is claimed by various African Horn countries that Hammami is dead, though there is no conclusive evidence to prove this. Al-Shabab is known to be affiliated with Al-Qaeda, and is known to have recruited foreign nationals of Somali descent, such as Canadian and American youth. Al-Shabab is known for its terrorist attacks, paramilitary operations, and is designated a terrorist organization by the US government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress
    According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul's Farewell Address
    Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong.
    أحمد حكمي

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly who the fuck cares anymore, these 3rd world countries do NOTHING but suck funding and donations from our country. The day we start caring more about the US than other countries we may finally see a spike in our own wealth increase. Increasing our own security, borders and feeding our needy and not other countries.

Let them kill each other, let god sort em out.
    Last edited by ALL4SPL; 11-26-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    IT services; virus removal, laptop repairs etc.
    Car Audio Installation and Enclosure Building

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would care. not because i think we should send troops, but because possible presidential nominees could.

Al Shabab is more or less the AQ of central eastern africa. and bachmann in the debates has said we should go to war with them.

and it doesnt help that they actively recruit americans and canadians of somali descent, it feeds into her false propaganda that we need to stumble in to a Black Hawk Down all over again.

and, unofficially, we are ALREADY at war with them, having used Ethiopia as a proxy.

so, whether you like it or not, its in your interest to know about the conflicts in the Horn, even if you dont want to send troops or money there, because you already are.

"Michele Bachmann: “ . . . Al-Shabaab is real. In my home state of Minnesota, we’ve just had two convictions of two women that are financing terror with Al-Shabaab. This threat, I believe, now is in the United States and now the threat has come home and that’s what we have to deal with.”"

Lawfare › GOP National Security Debate Roundup
    Last edited by Donkey Elephant; 11-27-2011 at 03:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress
    According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul's Farewell Address
    Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong.
    أحمد حكمي

Banned!!!!1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we completely disregarded the genocide in Darfur and the fact that South Africa had apartheid (racial discrimination) until the early 90's. So would we go there to fight terrorists.......uh no, not unless it's under the guise of obtaining something we need. Listen I'm a die hard American, I served my country and I absolutely love it here but I also study history and know that we are imperialists and have a bunch of shitbags for politicians who only do things for votes and to fill their pockets. Obama has us in 4 wars right now and there ain't no way he would commit even more political suicide by starting a fifth.

Thread Information