User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any1 heard of teen who lost license for street racing?

my teacher told me this but i want to know if anyone else heard about this? she said she saw it on the news of a teen who lost his license and has to hold up a sign saying dont street race, i lost my license. hes doing that rather than going to jail for three years. anyone else heard about this non sense? we happened to be talking about racing street racing in class.

he supposadly has to hold the sign outside for 3 years, thats his punishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's pretty old news. Personally, I think it's cruel and unusual punishment but whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you don happen to know if he was from orlando? and where i can find the news article on that online. i tryed looking and i couldnt find it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    repost. see thread MDavis posted. its been done. its been talked about. thank you come again.

/endsarcasm. i apologize. *wink*

~Joey
    HAVE: RR 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (6-speed)
    SOLD: RR 2001 Honda Civic EX Coupe (5-speed)

*click* for Joey's MySpace
    *click* for My premium PhotoBucket
    OF Grammar Nazi
    ...::HIDē-tested, i-VTEC-approved, HFP-inspired, Mugen-obsessive::...

OF Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was posted on here about 2-3 weeks ago -- complete with a picture of the sign he's gotta carry around! I guess it should turn up in a search (not being sarcastic). And yesterday, I saw a little blurb about it on one of the local news stations, and they also showed a picture of the sign. Pretty wild stuff.
    And when I came to, I had a VISION! A REVELATION! A PICTURE IN MY HEAD! A picture of THIS! The FLUX CAPACITOR!

Experimental ZX2, www.cardomain.com/ride/390119

Zoom Zoom, No Go Boom DJ_SpaRky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Here's Your Sign" LOL
    Code:
    DiabolicJourney_SpaRky

Rod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all this will do is start another argument
    formely known as: GTfreak

http://www.myspace.com/4404467

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CunteR
    Yeah it's pretty old news. Personally, I think it's cruel and unusual punishment but whatever.
    well, he does have the option of going to jail. So would you like to state some factual basis for your statement?

zar
    OF Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it happened but there is a wide range of things that can happen to you for street racing. a friend of mine got pulled over for it, he had a court date, and walked away with about a $300 fine.
    -How many emo kids does it take to change a
    lightbulb
    -HOW MANY?!
    -None, they just sit in the dark and cry.
    03 YZF R6
    Myspace

OF Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not only did he get caught for street racing he also tried to flee from the police...

which that right there is a felony, isn't it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drag0n
    well, he does have the option of going to jail. So would you like to state some factual basis for your statement?

Um notice I said Personally. That mean's it's my opinion, therefore I don't have to provide **** to you. I wasn't attempting to state facts, I was merely inputing my opinion... If it were me in his position, I would argue that it was cruel and unusual punishment. I also think there's a better way to teach the kid a lesson, sure he was breaking a law but now he's being publically humiliated for something that thousands of ricers do every weekend. Notice I also ended my OPINION with whatever, that's to put emphasis on the fact that I really don't care, and obviously the kid doesn't care either, he's rather be humiliated then sit in jail... Tough decision.

Sorry for sounding like a douche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um notice I said Personally. That mean's it's my opinion, therefore I don't have to provide **** to you. I wasn't attempting to state facts, I was merely inputing my opinion... If it were me in his position, I would argue that it was cruel and unusual punishment. I also think there's a better way to teach the kid a lesson, sure he was breaking a law but now he's being publically humiliated for something that thousands of ricers do every weekend. Notice I also ended my OPINION with whatever, that's to put emphasis on the fact that I really don't care, and obviously the kid doesn't care either, he's rather be humiliated then sit in jail... Tough decision.

wow...must we be so angry...lol...well, he did try to run from the cops. which ya dont do! i disagree with what you said about cruel and unusual punishment...he did something wrong and has to pay...im going to sound like a cop here...he could have seriosly injured or killed someone while running from the cops. holding the sign for 3 years...yeah...thats too long...maybe a week and then a crap load of community service teaching not do street race. thousands of people do race but, the police can't catch everyone so, they make an example out of whoever they catch...i think i would rather hold the sign as well...i have no place in jail...

you did sound like a "douche" at the beginning...but, its all good...everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, and I wanted to know on what basis would you state that is was cruel and unusual? You cannot, just be like, ya Im gunna say this to a judge and not have anything to back it up. Im trying to get people to think!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, it's my opinion and I don't have to justify why I said it. I think 3 years is way to harsh, 6 months and like 500 hours of community service would definitely teach him a lesson. Yes he could have killed or injured someone, and I do agree with taking his lisence for how ever long it was... Running from the cops is stupid and immature. I just think holding a sign telling ricers not to street race is extemely impractical... Do they actually expect the ricers to just stop? This sign will just encourage them to race more, and burnout in public parking lots twice as much. Obviously, the judge doesn't know **** about the scene (and I don't expect him to) but he made a decision out of his own ignorance and it think the kid is being punished in a cruel and unusual way... If they actually had someone who was in the scene come up with a punishment, I gaurantee it would have been 10 times better then holding a sign begging thise immature little queers to stop racing.

Thread Information